Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Remote locks  (Read 709 times)
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 37
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2011, 08:17:25 pm »

I wanted remote locks for my 2010 E-450 and secured them thru my local Ford dealer after I was told by PC that the chassis was in fact equiped with the  control box that could be programed for remotes.  The nice service manager at Ford gave me the sequence to program the two remotes I purchased; no matter what I did I couldd not get them to be operate.  I took the rig in today for state inspection and told them to use their scan tool and program the two remotes.  Technition informed me the coach is not set up for remote operation.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Does PC have some trick?   Thanks
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 08:41:16 pm »

Interesting.  I too heard the Ford E-series chassis was setup for remote power door locks.  Maybe Ford dropped it after a certain year.  I was tempted to do as you did, but thought it best not to have a key fob when camping.  I have so many RV keys, not wanting to add more to the bulk in my pocket.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
ragoodsp

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 08:46:12 pm »

I think it comes down to how PC "spected" the chassis.  My Ford dealer was very surprised that the coach came without remotes.  All of their 250,350 and 450's  vans all come with remotes.
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 59
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 09:55:33 pm »

Mine has the remote door lock/unlock feature. ThumbsUp
But it doesn't help when you start the engine and close the door.
Those darned auto-locks upon ignition stink (especially when the remote is on the key-ring).  Help
Better they lock when the vehicle is put in gear, like the rest of our Ford cars.

Advice:
Make sure you have an access key stashed somewhere you can get to if all the doors are locked.

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
gl1500

Helpful Rating: 52
________
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 12:44:50 am »

ragoodsp,
    We had a 2010 E350 2350 and after suggesting that we would like to have remotes after we arrived to pick up the unit, PC called a local Ford Rep and he came over to PC and programmed two remotes for us.  They provide us with remote lock/unlock for the two front doors and the panic alarm.  The cost was $250.  When we traded in our 2350 for our new E450 , 2011 2552 we again asked PC to have two remotes for the unit.  When we arrived they were already programmed and ready to go. They work for door lock/unlock but do not have an alarm system for break-in protection.  That would require going to a private alarm installer.  The Ford Rep said the system is already there and just needs the remotes and programming which he did with some sort of a computer box.
     I just found my receipt for the remotes and it says, "Reprogram smart junction box for keyless remotes.  Program remotes and show customer how to operate system".
    Bob
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:35:46 pm by gl1500 » Logged
ragoodsp

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 06:07:22 pm »

Thanks Bob!!!   Guess it is back to Ford to see what they have to say.....seemed weird that the chassis was not set up to be programmed.   thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: