Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fayetteville, Vicksburg and Houston Next!  (Read 968 times)
pyrthkr
« on: January 28, 2011, 03:34:52 pm »

Leaving Phoenix the last week of Feb for a 3 wk trek.  Would appreciate any & all recommendations for along the way or at any noted location.
 obliged
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
Slide: Yes
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 06:34:41 pm »

We are at the Meter Creator RV park east of flagstaff. Over heard one of the employees say enjoy the next two days because theres to be snow???? billy

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
pyrthkr
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 04:45:49 pm »

Hey Billy.  Co-Pilot & the in-laws left early this afternoon for Meteor Crater & I'll be jumping in the dinghy to catch up w/them late this evening after I get off shift [sucking up that Holiday pay$].  We picked Meteor Crater because it is at least a little bit away from Flagstaff which seems to get way more winter weather conditions.  I think we're in between the wind, snow, & ice storm from this past w/e & the next set of frontal systems coming from Cali.  Kind of ironic that I live in Phoenix & have so far only driven the PC in winter weather conditions!  Will hit Albuquerque, Amarillo & somewhere past Oklahoma City on our way to Fayetteville, AR by Friday night.  Will figure out how to get to Houston after a w/e watching NCAA baseball @ UofA.
 Wink
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 05:15:54 pm »

Better there than here in this office cubicle.  I love the area there.

Sunset crater brings back memories.  If I recall accurately, there was white flint rock laying around.  As kids we loved to bang them together to see it spark at night.  That was 40+ years ago.  I've been there since, but even that time was a while ago.

Stay warm.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: