Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Remote lock update  (Read 510 times)
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 36
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2011, 10:07:14 am »

Spoke with my nice local Ford service rep over the weekend who pulled up the line spec sheet for my 2010 E-450.... as we were attempting to discover why the unit could not be programmed for remote locks (previous post).  Sure enough the line sheet gave us the answer!!....next to the line stating power windows and locks installed  was "*" stating that the "remote lock control module removed".  Service rep had no explanation as to why it might have been "spected" that way but obviously there must have been a reason, perhaps the Tom-Tom/Eclipse has something to do with it?  Kermit had told me the unit was ready to take remotes just go to Ford and pay the $275.00....the remotes are $50.00@ and Ford garage was going to program them for free so perhaps there is something else here that must be added and therefore the  $275 total?  Ford garage  did not know how to add the remote control module and if they did they had know idea how to program the unit since their scan tool does not show access to that software only can be doen at the factory.   Ford garage suggested that non-Ford remote locks could be added most likely more cheaply compared to what will have to be done to get the Ford OEM to work.  Guess I will just use the key!!
gl1500

Helpful Rating: 45
________
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 05:42:14 pm »

I find that interesting about the module missing.  Both our 2010 E350, 2350 and 2011 E450 2552 have remotes as I stated before.  Neither unit was ordered special and when we arrived at the factory to pick up the 2350 I asked where the remotes were and they said they do not come with remotes, but if you want to pay for them we will have the Ford rep come over while you are here and program a pair. Which they did while we waited.  We had gone back to PC months later to decide what we wanted to do on the 2552 and at that time they already had the Cut-away chassis for our new unit to be, on the lot and at that time we said we wanted the remotes programmed before we came to pick it up.  So, neither unit was special ordered to be set up for the remotes. 
    Seems strange Ford would pick one chassis to leave out the module and not others.  Maybe PC could shed some light on why that occurred.
    A few years back we had an aftermarket alarm system installed on a Ford pickup truck.  As long as the solenoid operating door locks were there, it was easy to install the remote locking/alarm system.
    Bob
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 36
________
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 08:27:46 pm »

Thanks for you feedback Bob.  I does seem very weird that there can not be some  kind of "plug and program" approach if someone new what they were doing.  I think I will make another  call to Kermit and or Ford to see what can be done.   Thanks
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 174
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 12:06:16 pm »

Some vehicles offer a way for the owner to program remotes by themself.  Has anyone actually read through the owners manual to see if that features exists on the E350/E450?

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: