Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Finding digital tv signals over-the-air  (Read 2868 times)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 172
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 08:27:12 am »

Good find Billy. The way every thing is explained should be very helpful in this discussion. This meter is similar to the Winegard signal strength meter I referenced in an earlier post in this tread, but at half the price. Now I just have to find out which would be more accurate, One has four LEDs and the other a scale of 1-99.

Which magazine did you find this in? I looked through the "Motorhome" that I got yesterday and could not find it.

I just found the "installation and Operation instructions" here: http://www.winegard.com/kbase/upload/2452217.pdf After reading them I have a better understanding of what they are talking about. I am thinking that I may just stick with what I do now. I look to see which direction the other antennas in the campground are pointed and point mine in that same general direction. It is so much simpler than what they want me to do.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 09:43:25 am by TomHanlon » Logged

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
Slide: Yes
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 11:16:51 am »

I'll need to look for the article, some times things between the brain and the fingers things get lost  pulling hair out

They both look like good products, I must say when we were coming home from picking up the Cruiser all we had was the Winegard and if you moved it a tad the signal would change a lot. billy

PS    MotorHome, March 2011, page 61, Tech Savvy
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 11:37:01 am by billy » Logged

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
jwhyt10

Helpful Rating: 3
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2011, 04:33:57 pm »

I found it difficult to decide which direction to point my antenna for the best signal.  I discovered that there is a signal finder called "King Controls Sure Lock Digital Signal Finder" I ordered one from Adventure RV Net.http://www.adventurerv.net/king-controls-surelock-digital-antenna-signal-finder-p-23208.html
I tried out only from home but it seem to work very well in finding where the signals are.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: