Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PHOENIX USA, INC. sold to new owner / operators  (Read 430 times)
Jim Byrnes

Helpful Rating: 5
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: New
Model: 2100
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2017, 06:51:16 pm »

To all forum members,

I want to say hello and thank you!  As many of you have heard, Phoenix USA, Inc. was recently sold.  Myself, along with Chuck Cooper, are the new owners of Phoenix (as of June) and we couldn't be more proud to be taking the helm of such a fabulous company.  It's important to us that our current owners and forum members know that Chuck and I aren't a private equity company or part of an investment banking group.  We are two individuals who are committed to carrying on the legacy of quality, craftsmanship, and service that Kermit started and that I trust all of you love about Phoenix.  This legacy was built by Kermit's leadership as well as an amazing group of employees, all of whom are still with us and make up one of the RV industry's longest tenured manufacturing teams.  We are grateful for their commitment, dedication, and passion for quality and service each and every day.  As for Kermit, he will continue to stay on with us at Phoenix and be a trusted adviser to Chuck and I and is currently doing what he loves, prototyping the next great Phoenix RV. 

I would also like to say thank you to all the current owners, Phoenix enthusiasts, and forum members ---- without you Phoenix USA, Inc. does not exist.  Thank you for being a champion of our product, using our service, and sharing your insights.

In closing, we like this forum to be for the members and by the members, so we will continue to watch the conversation threads largely from the sidelines with only an occasional update from us on Phoenix news.  To that end, I've copied below the press release that we will be sharing with the local newspapers on the sale of the company. 

If you have any questions, I can be reached at jim@phoenixusarv.com.

All the best!

Jim Byrnes
Phoenix Cruiser Enthusiast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PHOENIX USA, INC. sold to new owner / operators

Phoenix USA, Inc, the manufacturer of the Phoenix Cruiser, adds new owners dedicated to company legacy

Elkhart, IN (October 13, 2017) Longtime local business Phoenix USA, Inc. (http://www.phoenixusarv.com/) has recently been purchased by Jim Byrnes and Chuck Cooper.

Phoenix USA has been based in Elkhart since 1996, when Kermit Fisher started the company with a vision towards producing RVs with unmatched quality and attention to detail.  Phoenix early on focused on producing Class B+ motorhomes and quickly established itself as an elite manufacturer.  In February 2009 the company transitioned to selling factory direct and has never looked back.  The company has flourished under the guidance of founder Kermit Fisher, becoming known nationwide for its dedication to a winning blend of craftsmanship and customer service.

It is a recipe that the new owners recognize and respect. Not only will Mr. Fisher remain with the company as a senior advisor, explains new owner Jim Byrnes, but we are committed to continuing the legacy that he has built with Phoenix USA. We are extremely proud of the fact that the company employs one of the longest tenured manufacturing teams in the industry, Byrnes continues, and we will do everything within our power to keep this track record in tact as we move forward with some of our own innovations and ideas.

Both Byrnes and Cooper also recognize that with change comes challenges. It is very important to us that people know that we aren't an investment banking company, says Cooper. We are partners in a business that invest in people, in great ideas, and with a focus on building on local success. Phoenix USA exemplifies all of these values, and we are excited about growing the company into the future.

For more information please contact:

Jim Byrnes
jim@phoenixusarv.com

TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 199
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 09:23:36 pm »

Thank you for taking the time to post here letting us all know about the change coming to our beloved Phoenix company.  I am sure many others will also be welcoming you and wishing you the best in the future. If I might suggest that you post a picture of yourselves so we can put a face to you.

I want to wish Kermit well in his new role and in his retirement. He has helped me many times when I need a question answered. Thank you Kermit. ThumbsUp

Current PC: 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC: 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
jwg1199

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: July 2017
ModelYear: 2018
IntColor: Desert Tan
ExtColor: Desert Tan
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 09:49:41 pm »

Thanks Jim for the post. We ordered our 2552 in July after owning our first coach (Country Coach) for six years. When we heard the company was sold we thought here we go again another "orphan" coach. Its great to hear you have plans to continue the excellent quality and service we have heard about at PC. We pickup our new coach on Oct 23rd.  You have a great crew and we hope to meet you while we are in Elkhart.

John and Maria Giese
Santa Maria, CA
ron.dittmer
Owner
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 274
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Green&Gray Cherry
ExtColor: Full Body Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 08:27:23 am »

Jim and Chuck,

It was great to read your post and your press release, that you two guys partnered together to continue the legacy of the Phoenix Cruiser.  It was also good to read that Kermit will be around as an adviser and also focus on new products.  A few of us here on the forum who experienced company buy-outs, allowed our imaginations to run away.

My wife Irene and I bought our 2007 Phoenix Cruiser 2350 from your dealer network back in 2007 and we continue to enjoy our now 10.5 year old PC.  We are big fans of Phoenix USA, two of many people who share their great PC experiences on various RV community forums, as well as during our travels.

We are grateful for Jim & Chuck there in Elkhart, the new ownership of Phoenix, carrying the torch with passion and commitment in providing a great product, best ever customer service, and with new & innovative product ideas.

Sincerely,
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 09:13:54 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron & Irene Dittmer, 2007 Model 2350, Ordered Without A Slideout
campergates

Helpful Rating: 9
________
PurchDate: 05/04/2016
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2016
IntColor: sand
ExtColor: sand
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 09:10:47 am »

I want to add my welcome to Phoenix USA and hope that you both will be able to continue to wonderful customer service I have experienced over the past year.  Now I know why the office was so crowded when I was there in August!  Again, welcome, and please continue to produce these wonderful fun-inspiring vehicles.
keelhauler

Helpful Rating: 102
________
IntColor: Sunlit Maple
ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 10:25:02 am »

I have been a proud owner of a 2006 -2551 and a 2012-2552 PC. I love that your staff is so dedicated and helps in anyway they can. I especially like the parts service from Carol and the complete understanding of every part of the coach and help by Bob. The fact that your  PC can be customized is the biggest plus, I hope that remains the same.
I have been so impressed by your company that I convinced several others to also purchase a PC.
Keep up the good work.
I am always here to answer questions about the many aspects of understanding and maintaining a PC.

Two Hams in a Can

Helpful Rating: 33
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: December 2016
Model: 2400 Sprinter
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Rust
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 02:48:36 pm »

We would like to extend our welcome and best wishes for success in taking the reins of this great company.  I had tracked our 2012 PC2400 Sprinter from the second owner to the Florida dealer she had sold it to because my research showed it was reasonably well cared for and a good purchase; and we have not been disappointed in the quality of manufacture of our coach.  We post in Escapees frequently, being long time members and we often praise Phoenix USA as being much like Foretravel Motorcoach in Nacogdoches, TX (having proudly owned one) in your construction methods of not using a typical assembly line but rather, as we describe it, as construction "pods" thus allowing custom and "custom quality" results. 

Many Class A RVers look to Foretravel when they want a coach that's further up the scale from Tiffin and Newmar; and having taken your factory tour prior to our acquiring our 2400 Sprinter, we comfortably encourage Escapees Class B and C forum inquiries to take a look at Phoenix USA, Inc. (usually link provided).

Again, welcome,
Jeff and Suzanne (aka Two Hams in a Can)

Jeff and Suzanne traveling with the Cocker Spaniel sisters, Scout & Sydney in Fawkes the Phoenix 
"What happens in vagueness stays in vagueness"
RheaNL

Helpful Rating: 74
________
PurchDate: October 4, 2012
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Dusk
ExtColor: Dusk lower
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 06:42:23 pm »

I am glad to see an owner threaded added to the Forum and the information that you will be monitoring the posts. I was lucky to be at the rally in Bend and meet you (Jim). I have a question that I don't recall being asked, but if it was, would be good for all to hear an answer.

Have either of the two new owners done any motorhome travel? Do you intended to do some trips in a Phoenix Cruiser to get a real feel for the product of your newly acquired company?

Thanks and welcom......again,
Nicki
TheLuvShack

Helpful Rating: 19
________
NewUsed: Used
Model: None
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 05:07:14 pm »

Jim,

You purchased a great company with great employees! I bought my 2012 3100 used in 2016 from one of the biggest fans of PC. He told me that I could expect fantastic customer service from PC even though I had purchased used and not from the PC factory. He was right. I live in Lafayette, IN not far from Elkhart. I've been to the factory twice for service and have requested parts from Carol three times. These folks I'd like to especially  recognize for their excellent customer service. Carol and Bob have treated me like family. Thank you! Earl and Kyle are always available to answer questions. Kyle even took me to lunch when I was having my coach serviced. I don't get service like this anywhere else. Please let these folks continue to go that extra mile to please your customers and PC continue will thrive.

Daryl Pollard
Lafayette, IN

fandj

Helpful Rating: 52
________
ModelYear: 2016
IntColor: Graystone
ExtColor: Nightscape - full body
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 09:18:52 am »

Jim, we have been on another enjoyable trip in our Phoenix Cruiser and just now getting internet service so I am late in commenting on your most welcome post.  As a PC owner it is very encouraging that you will be endeavoring to utilize and build on Phoenixs highly experienced work force.

Having worked my 40 year career as an engineer and being responsible for employees in the manufacturing and the mineral process industries and my involvement in merger and acquisitions some of the key attributes I gauged managements success was proper training, experience, and employee morale.  Before I placed the order for our PC I visited the factory and had the opportunity to talk one on one with various employees.  I found most of them had been with the company ten or more years.  I also found they were positive and spoke highly of Kermit, Phoenix, and expressed a desire to build a motor home that met the customers needs and expectations.

This plant visit and the positive comments I found on this forum convinced me to place my order.  I could have found cheaper units from other manufacturers but I was looking for a company with excellent initial quality and a solid reputation should I need service after the purchase.

After 15 months of PC ownership I found Kermits willingness to help me solve issues by phone and email very reassuring.  Carol was wonderful in getting the parts out to me ASAP. On the one occasion I did bring the unit back to the factory where Bobby and his team quickly and satisfactorily addressed all issues while making sure I was happy with the service.  I also found from Sales, Kermit, and others a willingness to provide minor changes in the ordering and assembly process of significant value.

The problems I have experienced have been almost exclusively due to design or poorly manufactured third party supplied items.  It appears the RV industry in general have driven the suppliers to cut corners in design and manufacture all to save a few bucks for them to remain competitive.  One could expect to get a lower quality RV and its components if price is the main  purchase motivator.  Buyers for a Phoenix MH know or should know they are paying a premium for quality and thus expect strong performing and reliable components.  To make improvements in this area I would not expect a significant cost increase in the grand scheme but would require strong communications and follow up with the suppliers to insure the components are properly specified and delivered.

Sorry for the lengthy post but I wanted to let you know what led me to become a PC owner and what I found after the sale.  I certainly wish the company great success for you and Chuck and a bright future to your employees.  As PC MH owners a long term successful business will insure for us quality service if and when needed  and a solid reputation will support our MH resale value.

Fred
ragoodsp
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 98
________
OwnPC: No
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 09:20:28 am »

Thanks for the compliment LuvShack!   It makes me feel very good knowing my PC went to a great home with you.   Who knows if Mr. Byrnes and the crew come up with some larger coaches on a chassis other than the E-450 I may come back to the family!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: