Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Introduce Yourself!  (Read 158901 times)
Wayne7

Helpful Rating: 3
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: Presently researching...
Model: 2552
ModelYear: Interested in 2351, 2551, and 2552!
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: July 09, 2017, 10:26:39 am »

Thanks, Tom.  And, yes, I've seen that posting...impressive.  Our #1 priority is to see a PC in person and learn a bit more about them (size, layout, features) before we contemplate a purchase.  Hopefully, we'll be able to see one in the very near future to decide if this is the right direction for us. 

BTW, we'll be in the MPLS/ST PAUL area later this week if any PC owner might be able to meet with us.  Earl will also be checking to see if there is a PC owner somewhat closer to us.

Thanks again for the continued help and encouragement!

God bless,
Wayne
jatrax

Helpful Rating: 77
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: November 2016
ModelYear: 2017
IntColor: Graystone
ExtColor: Graystone
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #991 on: July 09, 2017, 01:03:25 pm »

Hi Wayne, and Welcome!

We started our search in a very similar way to you.  Not much camping experience and had never actually been in an RV before.  We are both generally very methodical in our decision making and discuss needs and wants and make lists.  After going through the process it seemed clear a class 'B' under 22 foot was what we were looking for.  We narrowed it down to a Roadtrek or the Airstream van.  We visited both an Airstream and a Roadtrek dealer and within a few moments decided we had been wrong and a class 'B' was simply not going to work for us.  For weekend trips or just traveling in style they are great but to actually live out of for weeks on end, not going to work for us.

We next looked at Leisure Travel and they have some great coaches but the sprinter chassis really limits the size.  We next looked at a number of other coaches and ended up with Phoenix who were happy to work with us to put something together that will work for our lifestyle.

Might be difficult to see one without some travel, they are not all that common and dealers rarely have one.  A trip to the factory might be well worth the time.  We flew in and visited with them for a full day before purchasing and it was well worth the time and expense.
RheaNL

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: October 4, 2012
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Dusk
ExtColor: Dusk lower
________

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 09, 2017, 04:47:51 pm »

Since the RV life is totally new to SWMBO and a some years in your past, perhaps you should consider renting for a few trips.  Being in Duluth may make it difficult, but you could fly in to another location and rent for a week.  If you search rental agencies, you will finds one other than GoRving which just rents a few basic sizes, all made by Thor and built for the abuse of the rental market. My husband was the doubter and we managed to rent RVs of different sizes, designs and manufacturers. You probably will not be able to rent a PC (unless you find one somewhere on a rent-from-owner site like VRBO), but you will get the feel for the RVing lifestyle. As much as those of us on this forum love it, RVing is not for everyone.
Janey

Helpful Rating: 34
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 8/19/14
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2014
ExtColor: Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 09, 2017, 09:33:19 pm »

I agree with renting an rv before buying one. We flew into Tacoma and rented a 27 footer for three weeks.  Pricey, but well worth the learning experience. I realized that i didn't like anything that big.   Remember, this was after 30 + years of tent camping.  We spent a lot of our time on the road and when we camped most of our time was spent outside. It just seemed silly to drag around all that huge back area that we didn't use.  We bought a '95 Winnebago rialta, then a '05 rialta, then our PC. I'm really happy, but my husband wants a bigger bathroom and a bigger sleeping arrangement. We'll probably end up with a 2551 within the year. I'm still content with the 2350.

Suzanna Jane (aka Janey) and Sid Shazly
Wayne7

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: Presently researching...
ModelYear: Interested in 2351, 2551, and 2552!
________

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 10, 2017, 12:33:23 am »

Thanks for the sound advice and additional tips - Jatrax, RheaNL and Janey!  Renting has been suggested in many forums that I have visited with positive outcomes (some purchased and some chose not to purchase).

We received GREAT NEWS this afternoon when a PC owner in the Duluth area contacted Karen and I with the offer to come and see their 2015 2350.  Jean and Wayne - known as "minpin" on the forum - were so fun to meet and incredibly knowledgeable on the PC platform and RVing, in general.  This was a true blessing because Karen and I learned so much from them.  We toured their 2350 and looked at a number of modifications that they had done on their own (at least one of which was adopted by the factory!).  We were overwhelmed by their willingness to share their time in showing us their meticulously kept PC.  The tour and visit confirmed that the PC is a quality product with a lot of options to consider.  We're leaning towards the 2350/2351 in terms of size and layout...and sorting through our "needs" versus "wants".  We did write down many of the customized features that Jean and Wayne incorporated because they make great sense and we would use them in the event of a purchase.

Some of the decisions we're mulling over include:

- slide or no slide
- awning or no awning
- the difference between the dual electric mini sofa bed (2351) and the sofa bed (2350) as a comfortable bed
- necessity of power front seat (s)

Thanks again for everyone's input...most appreciated!

God bless,
Wayne
janeebegood

Helpful Rating: 2
________
PurchDate: April 2017
ModelYear: 2003 2350
ExtColor: Blue and white
________

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 14, 2017, 06:17:01 pm »

HiThere
I bought my first RV this year, a 2003 Cruiser 2350. Only has 29,000 miles on it and was very well treated by the previous owner. I recently retired so I plan on living in it (along with my five small, old, rescued dogs). My main reason for doing this is that I never seem to have enough time to do anything except clean my house and take care of my yard. I would love to just SIT for a while, and then do all the things I keep putting off "until the work is done". Well guess what! When you own a house, the work is NEVER done. Being single means I am responsible for all of it. I welcome any advice or suggestions from those of you who have been doing this for some time. I am so excited for September, which is when I begin my adventures.
swiftboot

Helpful Rating: 21
________
PurchDate: 10-31-16
ModelYear: 2351----2015
ExtColor: Nightscape
________

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 14, 2017, 10:20:54 pm »

Welcome Janeebegood!  Not sure if this is your first rv but there is a wealth of info on this forum regarding the various systems that you will need to become familiar with.  Your state has so many beautiful areas to see.   You indicate you will be living in the unit but I assume you will travel as well.  You should look at the date of manufacture of your tires.  Depending on previous owner(s) use pattern it may still have original rubber on the ground.  Plenty of tread may be visible, but the tires may need replacing.  Happy trails.

Larry
janeebegood

Helpful Rating: 2
________
PurchDate: April 2017
ModelYear: 2003 2350
ExtColor: Blue and white
________

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 15, 2017, 09:27:14 am »

ThankYou
Yes, Larry, this is my first RV and I do plan on traveling. I will start with a week at Cape San Blas, FL where I will meet several family members at a house on the beach where we stayed last year. What a beautiful spot! I will go via Mesa, AZ, where my brother lives. I will have the inside of the tires checked, as you suggested, especially as the Cruiser had not been driven for nine months. Thanks for the warm welcome. Grin
NHWanderlust

Helpful Rating: 5
________
ModelYear: looking
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #998 on: July 17, 2017, 12:59:55 pm »

Welcome Wayne7. . .She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO) loves driving our 24 ft PC Sprinter. 

Ahh, another Rumpole of the Bailey fan.

Richard & Jackie Whitney
Lee, New Hampshire
jwg1199

Helpful Rating: 0
________
PurchDate: July 2017
ModelYear: 2018
IntColor: Desert Tan
ExtColor: Desert Tan
________

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 30, 2017, 04:21:47 pm »

Hi, we are John and Maria, We live on the Central Coast of California. We have been RV'ers for the past six years. Our first and only RV was a 2005 Country Coach Allure 42ft (just sold it!). We liked it but decided to downsize. My wife said its going to be an "adjustment". Smile We ordered a PC 2552 in July and have already learned tons from this forum, Look forward to meeting other owners and learning more about our PC.

John & Maria
jatrax

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1000 on: August 30, 2017, 05:11:25 pm »

Welcome John & Maria.  When do you take delivery?
jwg1199

________
PurchDate: July 2017
IntColor: Desert Tan
ExtColor: Desert Tan
________

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 30, 2017, 05:44:03 pm »

We hope to take delivery the end of October. No firm date as of yet.
M. & Mme. McDuck

________
PurchDate: 9/2017
Slide: No
ExtColor: Nightscape
________

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 20, 2017, 09:41:34 am »

Hello.
I've been reading the Cruiser forum for the past several months while deciding on an RV purchase.  I went to the big RV show in Hershey last week, met Earl and Kyle, spent a full day crawling over and under the Cruisers on display, and placed an order for a new 2552 for delivery next February.  (Could have gotten it sooner, but we're busy in January.)
My wife Janet and I are excited to be planning our first RV in the new rig to the Pacific Northwest.
John
jatrax

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1003 on: September 20, 2017, 04:16:41 pm »

Welcome and congratulations!  I also have a 2552, 2017 version.  Now the hard part begins: waiting for delivery!

Make sure you sign up for the Phoenix Cruiser Travel Club, we just finished up the 2017 rally in Sister's Oregon with 19 rigs on site.  Quite an impressive sight with all those PC's lined up!

John
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: