Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 15-Amp Service  (Read 1115 times)
glenncc

Helpful Rating: 5
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 1/4/2011
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: No
IntColor: Desert Sage
ExtColor: Desert Sage / Fullbody paint
________

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2011, 01:11:08 pm »

I'm sure a number of you can answer this question for me.  If I find myself at a campground with only 15-amp service available and I use an adapter for 30-amp to 15-amp to plug in what limitations does that put on my usage?  Can I still use the roof air, microwave/convection, or TV for example?  Am I limited to using maybe just one of those at a time?  Your expert advice is appreciated.

Glenn

Glenn Canavan 2010 Model 2350 with no slide out.
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 190
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 02:14:44 pm »

Everything but the roof air. I would only run the microwave, TV and any other large draw item like a coffee maker one at a time. You might be able to start the roof air as it draws 16 amps at startup and then 12 amps running but you might burn up the motor if you run anything else. Thankfully the days where campgrounds only have 15 amp circuits is pretty much gone. Now a days most have 30 amp or 30/50 amp in all the sites except the tent sites. If someone tried to assign me a 15 amp site, I would thank them for their time, then leave and go to another campground.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
glenncc

Helpful Rating: 5
________
PurchDate: 1/4/2011
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: No
IntColor: Desert Sage
ExtColor: Desert Sage / Fullbody paint
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 03:40:37 pm »

Tom, thanks for your reply and the advice.  I appreciate it.  Unfortunately where I live close to the largest lake in IL the Corps of Engineer campgrounds typically have only 15-amp service.  At least that's the information on their website.  I've been checking sites out close to home for my first campout in my PC that I bought used from the factory in January.  I want to start with full hookups for that first trip so I won't have to be concerned about conserving electricity or water.  Most likely I will sanitize my fresh water tank and system while camped there too.  If necessary I will reserve a site with 30-amp service, but I shouldn't need the A/C that early in the season.  If it is warm enough I might crank it up just to ensure it's operable.   So far those full-hookup sites are only reserved beginning with the Memorial Day weekend. 

Thanks again,
Glenn

Glenn Canavan 2010 Model 2350 with no slide out.
grimes34

Helpful Rating: 1
________
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: Yes
ExtColor: dirty
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 08:20:22 pm »

I'm sure a number of you can answer this question for me.  If I find myself at a campground with only 15-amp service available and I use an adapter for 30-amp to 15-amp to plug in what limitations does that put on my usage?  Can I still use the roof air, microwave/convection, or TV for example?  Am I limited to using maybe just one of those at a time?  Your expert advice is appreciated.

Glenn

I installed a small $99 5000btu in the small window in the back bathroom window of my 2551 Just removed the window put in "no cutting" I power it with a Honda 2000.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: