Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Water Accumulator Tank  (Read 436 times)
lmichael

Helpful Rating: 28
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 15, 2012
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2011, 10:42:33 pm »

Thinking about installing a water accumulator tank (or water regulator tank) to keep the water pump from cycling on/off so much.  It doesn't seem like it would be difficult to install, but would appreciate comments on any potential problems or tips to make it easier.  Also, where would the best place to buy a tank?  Camping World has one that is too small, and one that is too expensive.  Haven't looked at Home Depot or Lowes yet.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 177
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 05:28:06 am »

Email me direct at ron.dittmer@att.net and I will send you the details and pictures of the "cheap" one I installed in my 2007 2350.  It works extremely well.

I understand there is a new type of pump that goes on and stays on while water is running, then shuts off when water is not.  It seems another good choice.  A couple PC owners have them.  Hopefully they will comment.

Regardless of which pump, most of the noise is related to "Direct Hook-Up Plumbing".  Having a flex-line between the pump and the RV plumbing significantly dampens the vibration sound, making the pump action very quiet.  The most common flex lines are the stainless steel braided type used to hook up house toilets and sinks.

Here are a some pictures of what I had done in 2007, working perfect to this very day.

Though nothing has ever been trouble with my $20 tank and installation, I kind-of wished I spent the money on an accumulator with feet for a cleaner installation.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 05:31:57 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
lmichael

Helpful Rating: 28
________
PurchDate: May 15, 2012
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 10:25:08 pm »

Thanks again, Ron, for the information and pictures for your installation.  I installed an accumulator tank today, and the results are fantastic.  The pump is almost silent now that I removed the ridged pipe connection, and it doesn't cycle on and off anymore when I turn the water on.  The installation was quick and easy.  They moved the pump from the storage area like on your pc to under the bed, so the installation was a little different from yours--but still not difficult.  I highly recommend this addition to all pc owners...
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 177
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 10:40:37 pm »

I'm glad it all worked out well for you Larry.  It really does make a huge difference for the better.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: