Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brake Buddy  (Read 425 times)
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 37
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2011, 10:46:39 am »

Good morning:

I have been having some issues with my Brake Buddy blowing  fuses in my Jeep Liberty.  The Jeep checked out OK according to Jeep so I contacted BB for their input.....just wanted to share with all of you how very nice it was to speak with someone who is pleasant, knows his/her product, and was extremely helpful!  Sure makes you want to buy amercian anytime you can.  Gary at BB stated that they have many issues with Jeep's and the change in  amperage at the power outlets that will cause fuse blowing, of course, there may be and issue with the BB unit and all I would have to do is send it back to them and they will fix it for free; he is sending me a direct wire kit from battery to the BB unit to try  first to see if that fixes the problem....what is weird is I can cycle the unit a dozen times just sitting and no problem with fuses blowing, it just happens when rolling.  Brake Buddy gets my vote for being a great company that backs their product 150% and is based in good old Kansas.   Thanks
GoPhoenix

Helpful Rating: 39
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 12/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Full body grey
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 08:34:40 pm »

I agree with the Brake Buddy.  We have an older one, about 10 years old, and it still works great.  It doesnt have proportional braking, but if you drive sensibly, it rarely comes on anyway.  No need to pay extra for a model with proportional braking since were not (or shouldnt be) towing heavy toads.

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: