Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Model names  (Read 478 times)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 193
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2011, 07:59:14 pm »

Yesterday we were in Tampa and saw two Phoenix motorhomes, One was the Phoenix Cruiser but the other was a Phoenex Sport. It looked to be several years old but in great condition. I was not able to talk to the owner. So I am wondering how many different models has Phoenix made over the years?

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 12:50:15 am »

I have seen on ebay, Phoenix Cruisers around year 2000, which are vans with extended roofs, called a class-B.  All were constructed on the Dodge Ram van as shown here.

Somewhere around the same time, they offered a larger B+ configuration which is the same basic design today.  The rear back then looked like this.  Note how the entry door looks when open.  They later came up with the pivoting hindge most of us enjoy today.

They improved again around 2004/2005 with significant improvements in construction and features, the most noticable one being the rear wall having an integrated spare tire compartment and larger outside storage as shown here.

Other extras included an improved entry door (maybe introduced a few years earlier), high intensity LED tail lights, the inverter with twin batteries and the maserator pump.  I don't know when they started offering so many models, but when I bought mine in 2007 they had a bunch, adding at least 2 more floor plans and the Sprinter since.  Every year they seem to get a little better.

I don't know if Kermit owned Phoenix USA all throughout it's history, or if he bought into it along the way.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 01:17:52 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: