Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2551 For Two  (Read 1691 times)
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
Slide: Yes
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 10:03:49 pm »

Took the cutting board out and installed the basket today. Wife loves it.    THANKS    Cheer    billy

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Margie

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 10/09
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
ExtColor: Full body paint/latte
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 03:15:19 pm »

I love the two chairs and fold-down table that you have in your 2551.  We have the small slide-out with a horribly uncomfortable sofa.  Hmm, now I'm wondering if this might be an option for us to change to the chairs.  Probably not because of the slideout on theat side. 
Also, wanted to mentioned that when we went to pick up our motorhome at the factory, the little computer table was way too low to get legs under from the swivel chair.  The carpenter fixed it overnight for us so it is more useful.  I don't think it would take too much effort to raise that table.  Just a thought.  Also, love your idea about replacing the useless (to me) cutting board.  Great ideas.

Margie
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 88
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 04:08:25 pm »

Margie,
How did he raise that laptop table? Did they build another unit for you? We thought of taking it out and putting a small chair in that space.

We had the coach delivered to Florida. I didn't want to travel to Elkhart in Feb. to pick it up. When we got it home, we realized that the table between the captain's chairs was too small. Couldn't even get 2 plates on it. We called Kermit, gave him the size it should have been and he sent us a new top which George installed.

We can't say enough good things about the customer service at Phoenix. They go out of their way to help.

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
Margie

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 10/09
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
ExtColor: Full body paint/latte
________

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 05:40:28 pm »

Hi Judi,

Yes, they  rebuilt the cabinet and table overnight for us.  I was very happy with the customer service.  We did have one major problem which I hoped I would get used to but haven't in the year that we have had our 2350.  We were expecting to get the larger slideout where the refrigerator and sofa would all go out but we didn't.  We flew from California back to Chicago, rented a car to go to Elkhart and didn't want to refuse what was put together for us even though it wasn't right.  Kermit wasn't there, just a skelton crew and Stuart.  They did their best with what we had available at the time.  In hindsight, I wished we would have had a redo on the whole thing and gotten what we wanted.  You never know for sure until you use it though or at least get inside one to see how it fits.  You are right, PC people do a lot for their customers and we are pleased with them.
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 58
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 08:11:26 pm »

Keep in mind the moving fridge flexes the wires and propane hose.
My Alpine had ther same thing and it did cause a few issues.
If I had my druthers, I'd have chosen the fixed fridge.

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 177
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 01:34:39 pm »

Not neccessarily on a PC, but some RVs have the entire kitchen in a slide which means electrical wiring, propane line, hot and cold water and even the sink drain, all move with the slideout.  The RV industry has been doing that for a very long time so I would hope any issues were addressed long ago.  But for me with my ultra-conservative-ness, not having any slide is more comfortable than the extra floor space.  I can handle my batteries in a drawer, but not much more than that.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:16:43 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: