Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sani-Con electrical schematic  (Read 1069 times)
Trudy

Helpful Rating: 8
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 1-10
Model: 2950
ModelYear: 2006
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2011, 09:39:34 pm »

Does anyone have an electrical schematic of the Sani-Con pump? Ours quit and my husband thinks its an electrical problem.

Actually, he just said he wouldn't mind having a schematic of the whole motorhome!!

Trudy
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
NewUsed: New
Model: 2100
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 11:07:41 pm »

Great idea!  As soon as I finally get a free moment  rolling on the floor  I'm going to publish the wiki manuals software I have so that owners can create or share their own manuals or schematics, etc. I keep thinking I'll get a chance, but  shrug

Aimee, Webmistress
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 59
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 06:13:40 am »

Trudy,
You didn't say what particular feature of the Sani-Con stopped working but I suspect it's the Macerator rather than the valves. Have your Hub go back by the Sani-Con & valve switches and put his hand behind the pump switch. He'll probably find 2 female push-on (Sta-Kon type) connections.
As they are exposed and prone to corrosion, simply pulling them off the terminals and pushing them back on can often help.
As a side, when this happens to me I'll most often replace the switch with a waterproof type having sealed wires coming out and solder the leads into the system I'm having problems with. I'll then shrink-wrap (put the shrink-wrap on the lead before you solder) the soldered area and, after shrinking the tube, finally apply liquid tape. On simple 2 position on/off (SPST or DPST) switches there are no polarity concerns. I've done this so many times over the years I've amassed quite a collection of used switches I'll someday find a use for (yeah - right! - anybody interested in a used but good 1968 collector's edition MOPAR rocker switch?).

Aimee,
If you want to try, send me one of the schematics. I'll use Auto-Cad to make a pictorial diagram that many may find easier to follow. But, do it before the weather changes and we hit the road again (the Windows 7 machine I carry while traveling doesn't like Auto-Cad).

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 190
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 07:10:22 am »

Trudy, before you do anything else, make sure the battery disconnect switch by the door is turned on and not in the storage position. The sani-con is a 12 volt system and when the switch is off neither the pump or the valves will work.  I found this out the hard way, but that is another story with an unhappy ending, like gray water all over me. pulling hair out pulling hair out pulling hair out

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
GoPhoenix

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 12/2010
Model: 3100
IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Full body grey
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 08:18:53 am »

Our Sani-Con quit while traveling.  The On/Off switch was exposed behind the panel (exposed to weather).  I simply replaced the switch and coated it with weatherproof gel.  Weatherproofing as explained by rmmpe would probably be better.

By the way, our step starting going in and out on its own while traveling.  Same problem.  The switch on the door was exposed to weather.  Same solution.

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 59
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 09:06:55 am »

Gray water, Tom?

When we were going through the initial inspection before purchasing our 2007 2350, the Salesman was instructing me how to use the Sani-Con system.
Well, there was no cap on the discharge and when I turned the macerator on was a little surprised when the black tank contents were ejected in my direction. Peg said she didn't know I could still move that fast. Bolt

The dealer should have made sure the tanks were empty and he was extremely apologetic about the incident (while also becoming more accommodating).

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 11:55:12 am »

Our Sani-Con quit while traveling.  The On/Off switch was exposed behind the panel (exposed to weather).  I simply replaced the switch and coated it with weatherproof gel.  Weatherproofing as explained by rmmpe would probably be better.

By the way, our step starting going in and out on its own while traveling.  Same problem.  The switch on the door was exposed to weather.  Same solution.

"weatherproof gel." any special place to find. This is one place Cruiser could have "Shown Off" maybe not every place but some of the main places they could have Sealed these wires a little better.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 01:55:05 pm »

Yep, such gel or a spray should be included in the manufacturing process.  It's not just a Phoenix deficiency.  Every motor home company fails in this department.  The trouble is amplified, the more "do-dads" you have.  Have a conventional sewer hose instead of a sanicon.  Have a mechanical step instead of a motorized one.  That eliminates two problem areas right there.  LOL

As I am sure of all, I'd rather have the features and just add a protectant.  Since I store my PC indoors in winter, and my seasonal driving has been relatively dry, I've become very lazy about that.  Thanks for the reminder.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
billy
SuperHero Member

________
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 04:00:13 pm »

You're right Ron, 4 rv's and there all the same as far as outside wiring. I am with you, I would not mind paying a little more for some quality in these areas. Just my simple opinion.

mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 09/2011
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 06:07:09 pm »

Billy;

When I purchased my snowplow for  my truck a few years ago, the dealer gave me weatherproof gel for the electical connections.  I asked him what it was called and he said it is sold as di-electric grease.  I think that spelling is somewhat correct.. rolling on the floor

David

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
JackD

Helpful Rating: 24
________
PurchDate: May 2012
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ExtColor: Platinum
________

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 09:07:01 am »

Exactly as David says --- I'm pretty sure it's dielectric grease -- but the most complete solution is the procedure rmmpe says.

Trudy, I'm assuming your Hub has turned the screw in the hub of the pump?  When mine "quit" it was due to jamming in the macerator section, that I thought was electrical.  I did also replace the pump later, but as Tom says, that's another story.

Jack
billy
SuperHero Member

________
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 12:39:42 pm »

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3506555

Just stumbled across this, go figure.    shrug
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:00:07 pm by billy » Logged

Trudy

Helpful Rating: 8
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 1-10
Model: 2950
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 10:16:11 pm »

Well, guess what? He fixed it by doing what Jack said. Guess it wasn't electrical after all. One reason he thought it might be is there seems to be 2 tiny red wires hanging lose by the system. It looks to me like a wire was cut, leaving 2 ends hanging. He's thinking it might have something to do with LED lights that are supposed to light up when using the pump (if I understood him correctly, which I seldom do  shrug). I'll have to take a pic and post it to see what you guys think.

Thank you all for your responses. Gonna have to get some of that grease I guess. Btw, he'd still sure like to have electrical schematic of the motorhome!! Hope Aimee can come up with that.

Trudy
billy
SuperHero Member

________
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 11:10:00 pm »

I should have told y'all our tanks and flushing valves were marked wrong. Don't you think that caused some confusion     shrug

JackD

Helpful Rating: 24
________
PurchDate: May 2012
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ExtColor: Platinum
________

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 11:36:11 am »

I should have told y'all our tanks and flushing valves were marked wrong. Don't you think that caused some confusion     shrug

WOW!!!  I bet!

Trudy -- glad he got it fixed ---

Jack
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: