Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Phoenix Cruiser Photo Contest with $50 prize!  (Read 2673 times)
BillRo

Helpful Rating: 9
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: April 2005
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 04
Slide: Yes
ExtColor: White/Blue
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 11:54:44 am »

Great Pic, Ron and the one I picked. As a photographer I would make one suggestion - Photoshop out the piece of your red car - it detracts from the overall effect.

Bill
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 310
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 12:09:52 pm »

Congrats Ron.  Enjoy your trip to Michigan!

Barry and Sue

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 174
________
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 01:18:24 pm »

Great Pic, Ron and the one I picked. As a photographer I would make one suggestion - Photoshop out the piece of your red car - it detracts from the overall effect.  Bill
I was going to email Aimee and suggest the same......Photoshop the car and tow bar out from the picture.....and remove my rear licence plate, making the area 100% dark gray.

I picked my "Arches" picture with the orange/red rock behind the motor home, for 3 reasons.
1) The lighting on the motor home was perfect with no reflecting sunlight.
2) It showed that Phoenix Cruisers can tow fun-mobiles for increased fun-factor.
3)  I felt that view of my 2007 rig accurately represents a 2011 because nothing on that side of a no-slide rig changed since 2007.  The winning photo shows the passenger side with my box awning and big single door for rear outdoor storage.  But the awning was replaced a few years ago with a motorized one with those vertical side rails.  And rear storage is a drawer and door combo since 2008.

Just wanting to accurately represent a 2011 model.

PS:  Upon my request, Aimee did Photoshop my wife's feet out from the original picture here.

For reference, here is the picture I voted for.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:09:01 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
pyrthkr
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 04:58:52 pm »

Congratulations Ron.  I've seen that pic on the site often & it's certainly worthy of this award.
 cool
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 07:56:23 pm »

Nice going Ron.      ThumbsUp

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 09:11:47 am »

Thanks all for the nice comments.  I just told my wife of this contest and that one of our pics was voted "best".  She was happy and grateful to all.   Heart Shower

pyrthkr
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 04:42:57 pm »

Told your wife????   faint

That's going to significantly cut down on your personal options for spending the Grand Prize! There There

Wink
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 05:25:37 pm »

Told your wife????   faint That's going to significantly cut down on your personal options for spending the Grand Prize! There There   Wink
Funny you say that becasue my wife and I had a laugh over the prize money after I mentioned it to her.  Just before I told her about it, she was explaining a purchase she was thinking of, some kind of girly thing for the house.  I said after the prize money discussion....."So my prize money is already spent then?".  We did laugh hard over it.

Money is always a nice prize   Cheer  but in my case I wished PC-USA would have offered a PC related gift item.  Maybe something like one of their zippered matress covers or a leather upgrade to my cloth dinette bench seats.  At least the prize would further enhance a my PC, instead of help in paying a bill on some dust collecting decorative thingy for the main house.  Cry

TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 172
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2011, 06:57:53 pm »

Ron, I would be careful of what you say here. If your wife reads it, you could be catching "a dust collecting decorative thingy" on the back of your head. rolling on the floor

In Aimee's copy of the picture, there is line across the middle of the picture that does not seem to be there in your copy. Do you know what might have caused the line?

I would not worry about not having a ladder or rack on the back of your PC. After all, no one said any thing about the picture of my PC without a rack or rear window.  exactly!

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
Model: 2100
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2011, 05:50:21 pm »

I am  very, very close to having the ad finished. I will fess up that I ended up cheating a little bit, and went with another of Ron's photos for the ad. It is the one towing the little red car.

It was the 2nd place photo submitted, and lost by 1 vote. I checked with Ron, and he's OK with me swapping it out. I would not have done this had #1 and #2 been different photographers. There were many marketing reasons that #2 worked a little bit better, but the reason I swapped it out was actually a technical one. The photo I ended up going with had much more consistent quality when printed at 7" 300ppi.  What was a little bit of muddiness/haziness on a monitor in the background of #1 became a lot of haziness when printed. I could tidy it up a little bit, but the blacks were blown out, and it gave the photo an unnatural appearance. It sounds bad reading it like this, but the difference was really quite minor, and one that most likely none but me would notice, but you don't get a job like mine without being the type of person who will burn 5 hours over the way pixels line up. Wink

I hope everyone is OK with this. I think it fits with the spirit of the contest. We have the same winning photographer/unit, and the same feel.

I'll have something for you guys to see as soon as it's approved by the folks in Elkhart. And then I'll let you guys know where to find the ad when it prints.

Aimee, Webmistress
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
Model: 2100
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2011, 07:31:33 pm »

Here it is!  This is a web-ready version, and isn't print quality, but this is how it will look (only crisper and clearer)

Aimee, Webmistress
pyrthkr
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 06:01:58 pm »

Nice!
 Wink
Trudy

Helpful Rating: 8
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 1-10
Model: 2950
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2011, 07:47:56 pm »

Great job Aimee and great pic Ron!!  Congrats!!

Trudy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: