Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shower head replacement  (Read 1798 times)
glenncc

Helpful Rating: 5
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 1/4/2011
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: No
IntColor: Desert Sage
ExtColor: Desert Sage / Fullbody paint
________

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2011, 09:56:06 pm »

When I de-winterized my PC a week ago I discovered water spraying from the base of the shower head in the indoor shower.  At first I thought it was caused by a loose connection so I added plumber's tape to the joint, but the spray continued.  When I looked closer I saw about a 1" crack in the base of the shower head. 

Since this is my first time to use the shower in my used 2010 PC I don't know if it is original equipment or not.  My question to the forum is "What do you recommend for a replacement shower head?"  I was told today by a clerk at Ace Hardware that RV shower heads have the same 1/2" standard threaded connections as those in homes, but in looking on-line at Menard's, Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart, Camping World, and Bed, Bath & Beyond I have not found one hand-held shower head with the shut-off on the head that all RV shower heads seem to have.  Mine is chrome with a chrome-wrapped hose.  Is that what came on your PC's? 

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Glenn

Glenn Canavan 2010 Model 2350 with no slide out.
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 09/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 10:03:46 pm »

Glenn:

I have the same model as you except I bought it new.   My shower head is not chrome nor is the hose.  It is all tan plastic.  I would look at campingworld.com for a replacement.  They have all types. 

David

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
grimes34

Helpful Rating: 1
________
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2007
ExtColor: dirty
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 10:12:35 pm »

Next time you winterize, remember to run the antifreeze through everything!  

Keep looking, you will find what you want. Sounds like the one you "had" was an upgrade.  
gl1500

Helpful Rating: 54
________
PurchDate: May. 2014
ModelYear: 2551/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 01:47:57 am »

Glenn,
    This is previous owner, Bob.  The spray attachment is the one that came with unit.  It sounds like you had water still in the spray nozzle and hose during the winter causing it to freeze and crack.  That is why I pressure air blow out the entire system for winter non-use.  Like David said, try Camping World or any RV store.  Regular Hardware stores usually do not carry the RV type shower head. 
     I made an adapter to connect my air compressor to the City water hook-up and that is how I blow out my lines.  There is a lot more detail to completely winterize, but do not want to go into it here.
           Bob 
glenncc

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 03:05:25 am »

My PC was winterized at the factory prior to my purchase, but when I de-winterized it pink stuff did flow from the shower head that is cracked. 

Glenn

lghjr
SuperHero Member

________
OwnPC: No
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 11:47:44 am »

Glenn,
    This is previous owner, Bob.  The spray attachment is the one that came with unit.  It sounds like you had water still in the spray nozzle and hose during the winter causing it to freeze and crack.  That is why I pressure air blow out the entire system for winter non-use.  Like David said, try Camping World or any RV store.  Regular Hardware stores usually do not carry the RV type shower head. 
     I made an adapter to connect my air compressor to the City water hook-up and that is how I blow out my lines.  There is a lot more detail to completely winterize, but do not want to go into it here.
           Bob 

This is the procedure I too use, but, I would caution that most air compressors are rated at higher pressure than the lines, etc., in the rv.  I put an air regulator on the adapter to keep the air pressure at or below 40PSI.  I arbitrarily picked 40psi knowing that 45psi is the pressure most of the inline water pressure regulators use.
L. G.
pyrthkr
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 01:19:36 pm »

Hi Glenn.  sorry to hear about your shower head.  I'm actually working for the Phoenix Convention Center at the Camping World RV Show & I see they have the exact shower unit you describe.  If you don't have a store near you I'm sure you could order it on-line.
 cool
glenncc

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 03:39:37 pm »

Mike,

Thanks for the information on the replacement shower head.  I've checked Camping World's webpage and could not find much selection for shower heads.  I used "handheld shower head" for my search.  Is there something else I should use to find what I want and what you described? 

Glenn

gl1500

Helpful Rating: 54
________
PurchDate: May. 2014
ModelYear: 2551/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 05:08:29 pm »

Glenn,
    If you go on Camping World site and put in the search block, numbers 34903 or 34905 or 34904 or 34901 or 34902, you should see some shower sets and nozzles. 
     If the unit was winterized, they may have not pumped the anti-freeze through the valve to the shower head leaving water in the head. 
     When I noted how I blow out my lines for the winter, I noted there is more to the procedure than I wanted to go into here, but would be happy to on your e-mail address you gave me, if you are interested. 
     Unfortunately, the Camping World stores and private RV stores carry a much wider variety of shower nozzles than the web site.
     Bob
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

________
PurchDate: 09/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 10:05:02 pm »

ok, tell me how cool that is to actually find the previous owner of your rv on a manufacturer's forum?  Is this a great country or what?  That is all I go to say about that!!''

David.

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
glenncc

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 01:45:06 am »

Thanks, everyone.  You've been a great help - as always

Trudy

Helpful Rating: 8
________
PurchDate: 1-10
Model: 2950
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 01:07:44 pm »

We switched out our shower head in our trailer for an Oxygenics Body Spa RV Showerhead from Camping World. It really conserves the water yet has good pressure (adjustable). When we sold the trailer we put the original back on and now the Oxygenics is in our PC. Works great!  I think I've seen them at Bed, Bath and Beyond also.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/oxygenics-body-spa-rv-showerheads/5006

Trudy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: