Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Slide Room Leak - Help  (Read 1242 times)
Gracie

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: MAY, 2011
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: BROWN AND LIGHT MAPLE
ExtColor: BROWN/RUST
________

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2011, 02:53:20 pm »

We are just getting ready to make our first trip. The 31' 2010 is out from its RV port, the slide room is out and we experienced 1-1/2" of rain in 3 days.  Yesterday we found the dinette seats were wet, the slide out ceiling wet, a coach cushion wet and the items in the upper storage bins are wet.  Climbed a ladder and using a long handeled brush and squeege pushed and pulled standing water from the awning and the top of the slide out.  Help.  Have any of you experienced this problem and if so, what did it take to fix it.  We have had three prior rigs with slide outs and neither had leaks.  Nadine & Bo Help
pyrthkr
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 03:17:12 pm »

Sorry to hear your water challenges Gracie.  We have a 2008 2551 & have not experienced leaks (that we are aware of).  Been in a couple of gully washers too but perhaps not an incch & a half of steady rain like you.  Certainly sounds like you should be checking the seals around everything up top.  The only way I could imagine water coming in through the slide out topper is if you were on an extreme angle leaning toward the opposite side - don't even know if that's a possibility but thought I'd ask - that way, water would be draining toward the RV????

Good luck,

cool
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 117
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 03:20:38 pm »

Gracie

We do not have a slide, I suggest calling Kermit. ASP.

George

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
ron.dittmer
Owner
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 276
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Green&Gray Cherry
ExtColor: Full Body Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 03:38:08 pm »

The only way I could imagine water coming in through the slide out topper is if you were on an extreme angle leaning toward the opposite side
That is what I was thinking.  A wind-driven rain fying at an angle will get past the edge the roll-up awning.  If the pitch of the motor home is so, collected water on the roof will run toward the coach.  You might also have a unique condition because your slideout is much larger than all other PC models.

I would make sure that any water that finds it's way on top of the slideout flows to the outside edge.  I would also call Kermit and ask him for some advise.  Maybe there is an adjustment that can be made by yourself or reputable shop.

Maybe there is an aftermarket skirt available to address side entry rain.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 03:42:53 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron & Irene Dittmer, 2007 Model 2350, Ordered Without A Slideout
Gracie

________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: MAY, 2011
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: BROWN AND LIGHT MAPLE
ExtColor: BROWN/RUST
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 04:30:39 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  We will call Kermit.  The coach is level.  Probably not a quick fix.   Nadine & Bo
kevin

Helpful Rating: 22
________
PurchDate: 9/2010
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Maple
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 06:12:39 pm »

Well....it just so happens we have experienced some water when we have slid in our slide out on our Big White Phoenix.  Also after lots of rain.  I now lower the port side a bit AND change the pitch fore or aft a bit and wait a bit.  I am tall enough to peek at the top of the slide after it is inside &/or drag a towel slowly along the top as I walk along the aisle to see if I hear or feel water soaking the towel.  Actually, I look to see any stink bugs and (after NOT seeing the water once) I now use a sponge or towel while doing a slow stroll (after doing a BRISK stroll once).

kevin
ragoodsp
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 98
________
OwnPC: No
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 08:56:21 am »

I find it interesting that the storage bins are wet, that would lead be to believe that the water is not coming in thru any leaking seals otherwise the carpet, etc would be wet and not the bins.  I would be looking at the seams of the slide or even the windows (not sure how high the windows are in the slide on a 3100) to see if water is not seeping into the ceiling of the slide and then down the walls.  I once had a slide leak and the manafacturer (Monaco) seperated the coach into two boxes.  The coach was one box and the slide was the second and then went from there to determine if the slide interior walls were wet meant the slide itself was leaking vs's if anything around it was wet would mean there could be a leak on the coaches roof, or seal etc.  Leaks are tough becasue water can come from just about anywhere and will follow the route of leats resistance.  The bins being wet has to be a storng clue that Kermit will know the answer to I will bet.  Best of luck!  R.A.G.
Butchadams

________
PurchDate: October 2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Gray
ExtColor: Lower Dusk
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 10:10:56 pm »

We experienced a leak when the unit was pitched to the passenger side!  Leveled unit, leak gone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: