I talked to Bob at Phoenix, he gave me Zantrex ? phone #, called them and we had a long talk. First of all it was NOT the inverter, it was the converter. He assured me not a fire risk. First I got the old hydrometer and checked each cell, all were fair to good, these are only a year old this month. Then I turned off the batteries, turned off the inverter hooked up the smart charge and charged for about 2-3 hours. Have not had time to do the hydrometer check again as I chenged the oil and filter. I was just a little tired, do that tomorrow. Oh, just a minute, someone is knocking on my door,
never mind it was just my butt dragging in
By the way, the batteries were just a little low.