Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2004 Oven in a 2011 RV?  (Read 1959 times)
jdw

Helpful Rating: 1
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 01/2011
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2011
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Grey
ExtColor: Grey
________

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 05:47:08 pm »

Just out of curiosity, did you encounter the three minutes and you're out problem only at one location,

No it has happened in 10-15 different states.  In fact, Indiana is the only state we've ever been in where it doesn't happen.

Also, are you always running your tests with a cup of water or something else in the oven, as they do not appreciate being run empty?

We don't run tests per se, we cook food.  (Even the PC folks had a "test burrito" or something that they were incinerating.)  So there is always something in there.

There's no evidence of low voltage conditions elsewhere in the coach.  No lights dim, when the problem happens or at other times.  The oven just beeps and resets.  You can immediately enter the cook time minus three minutes and it will pick up where it left off, for another three minutes.

Also, the problem appears NOT to happen in convection mode, which uses vastly more power (and generates vastly more heat) than microwave mode.  So, in my opinion, the problem is unlikely to be power or heat related.
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: February 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 06:33:11 pm »

I did a little poking around online and found several complaints about the fact that in the microwave mode the Apollo oven doesn't get rid of mositure and can kick off when it builds up.  Next question is what was the relative humidity in Elkart versus the other places you've been.  This may be totally off base, but it would explain why it doesn't happen on convection.   Also, from comments I read, apparently there is a button or something you can push to dry the unit out.

Jerry
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 295
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 08:06:52 pm »

jdw,

What campground did you stay at while you were in Elkhart?

Barry

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
jdw

Helpful Rating: 1
________
PurchDate: 01/2011
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Grey
ExtColor: Grey
________

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 09:40:00 pm »

What campground did you stay at while you were in Elkhart?

Stayed at the KOA in Granger right before and Elkhart Campground (that's its actual name) right after.

Both were pretty decent though the Elkhart Campground is definitely closer to PCHQ.  The Granger KOA is closer to the Apple Store though.  (Hi, my name is jdw and I'm an addict...)

mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 09/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2011, 09:17:11 pm »

Sorry to hear about your problems.  Our 2010 2350 picked up in March of last year has a Sharp Carousel Model r-820bw-f  and works great. I would suggest picking one of them up for a couple hundred and replace that piece of ... you have. Send the bill to Kermit and end your problem.

Just a thought...

David

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: