Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anyone Here Have The Undocumented Single Bed Option In The B+ Cab-Over Cap?  (Read 1956 times)
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« on: April 08, 2009, 11:37:08 am »

Don Keller of East Acres RV in Mendon MA says he "exclusively" offers a single bed in the area over the front cab, available on any model.  The factory in Elkhart makes it up special for his customers.  The TV is hung on the wall between the passenger seat and the entry door.

If anyone has that option, could you post them here?  I am very curious.  That would make for an ideal arrangement for a 3rd person (or even pets), so the living area could be left alone for early risers or late to-bed-ers.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Ajarand

Helpful Rating: 3
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 03:12:41 pm »

Sounds a lot like the mini-bed we had on our previous unit, a Great West Classic supreme. Full size bed, but onyl 18" of headroom... Good only for kids who didn't try to sit up in the middle of night.
BUT... made for a great storage area. We could put a ton of stuff up there.
bannerpilot33

Helpful Rating: 0
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 09:05:02 pm »

I contacted him by email and it was like he never heard of it ...then finally after several tries said it' s a factory modification.I won't bother him again.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 04:45:47 pm »

I contacted him by email and it was like he never heard of it ...then finally after several tries said it' s a factory modification.I won't bother him again.
Don told me he had a special order request once for a single cab-over bed, and he worked it out with the factory.  I guess that is what he meant by "It's a factory modification".

Maybe he thought you were asking him to modify a unit you already had.  I can't imagine doing a conversion after the fact.  The cab's roof is cut out during construction for easy pass through.  Reconstructing an existing PC for a cab-over bed would require a lot of messing around, but easy to accomodate during the birth of the RV.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 10:33:15 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
Model: 2100
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 12:55:46 pm »

I think you're right, Ron. From my understanding, it would have to be ordered and then done at the factory during construction.

Aimee, Webmistress
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: