Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: scan gauge  (Read 1124 times)
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
Slide: Yes
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2011, 10:02:29 pm »

OK lets start something new. Has anyone purchased a scan gauge??????

And if so are you happy with its performance????

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 39
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 10:43:26 pm »

I keep looking at the ones on eBay but appears to be a price fixing or price support, so I haven't bit yet.  I will reiterate what they told me by email that it can/will report transmission temperatures which probably would be my use for it, among all the other stuff it can do.

L.  G.
billy
SuperHero Member

________
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 12:49:16 am »

"Hello L.G.

Thank you for your inquiry. The ScanGaugeII does report transmission temperature in real-time. Transmission temperature is currently only available for Ford, GM, and some VW vehicles. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Leah O'Campo
Director of Communications
Linear Logic
1.888.433.5664"

This was posted on another thread.

lghjr
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 11:15:54 am »

Thanks Billy, I had forgotten posting the message.
Bye the bye, I have no financial interest in or tout the company.
L. G.
lghjr
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 05:18:08 pm »

I keep looking at the ones on eBay but appears to be a price fixing or price support, so I haven't bit yet.  I will reiterate what they told me by email that it can/will report transmission temperatures which probably would be my use for it, among all the other stuff it can do.

L.  G.

Ok, Billy now you've done it.  One seller offer free shipping, no tax, and a free windshield mount and I just sold a couple of gunstocks,  so being flush with pennies I jumped off the pier and ordered one.  We'll see how it goes, supposed to be here in a couple days or so.  The new X-gauge program capability is what finally sold me.  If you look at Scan Gauge site they have a .pdf file that lets you in on all the info that is available in the Fords little pea brain.

Not so pea brained actually-when I went to work for "BigOIL" we had the 2nd largest IBM 360 system (1st largest civilian, only behind DoD) in the USA.  The Ford computer (and my desktop/and laptop) have more storage and computing power than BOTH 360 systems had then.  Shoot my cell phone has more storage than BigOIL had, in the entire company.

Such is progress and the aging process.

L. G.
billy
SuperHero Member

________
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 07:14:33 pm »

Great, who was this seller?  Keep us informed.

gl1500

Helpful Rating: 45
________
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 07:22:55 pm »

I posted a while back that I had installed a Scan-Guage.  I find it very useful to identify the best speed for conditions to get the best fuel mileage.  It will show actual real time mileage and average at the same time.  There are a myriad of different read-outs available through this device.  One of the best is the time or distance to empty.  This is installed on our 2011 E450 2552 w/s and mileage varies between 8.5 and 11.
          Bob
lghjr
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 11:23:54 pm »

One of the best is the time or distance to empty.

Good to know, my gas gauge is not the most accurate below a quarter tank, when there should be something around 13-14ish gallons left, it doesn't always come to that end point when I refill..

L. G.

P.S. 3n1autocomputer on eBay is the seller.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:29:23 pm by lghjr » Logged
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 131
________
PurchDate: April 2010
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: Classic Umber
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 11:56:36 am »

Ok, Billy now you've done it.  One seller offer free shipping, no tax, and a free windshield mount and I just sold a couple of gunstocks,  so being flush with pennies I jumped off the pier and ordered one.  We'll see how it goes, supposed to be here in a couple days or so.  The new X-gauge program capability is what finally sold me.  If you look at Scan Gauge site they have a .pdf file that lets you in on all the info that is available in the Fords little pea brain.

L. G.
I posted a while back that I had installed a Scan-Guage.  I find it very useful to identify the best speed for conditions to get the best fuel mileage.  It will show actual real time mileage and average at the same time.  There are a myriad of different read-outs available through this device.  One of the best is the time or distance to empty.  This is installed on our 2011 E450 2552 w/s and mileage varies between 8.5 and 11.
          Bob

L. G.  & Bob,

I am about to order one myself, have either of you determined if it can really monitor transmission fluid temp?

Thanks, another Bob

2010  PC 2551
lghjr
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 12:55:35 pm »

Bob,
I am fighting a gunstock refinish right now and have not installed the one I received. The last one I did took four coats and strips because I could not get it "right", and this one is headed in the same direction.  Both Remingtons, thank you Remington.

The only info and the reason I ordered one, is the ScanGuage factory person stating in an e-mail that it would in fact report transmission temperatures on Fords.
They have the pdf. files on-line with the info needed to program it to report tranny temps, I just have not had the time/inclination.  It looks to be such a simple procedure that I believe half a day will cover it, probably 2-10 days when you take into account that you have to figure out where to mount the read-out.  Or at least in a tight space that is my outlook.  It uses the telephone(?) type connector on the read-out so mounting in a place that requires removal should not be a problem.  In these kind of installations it always seems to me that routing the cables [(neatly) out of sight] is the biggest concern.

L. G.
billy
SuperHero Member

________
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 01:23:51 pm »

LG, where do you plan on install? If you use the glass mount, in the lower left corner, you can run the wire in and around the windshield post. My mirror  temp died. I call the manufacture, he determined there was a short in one or both wires to mirror. I found the shorted wire and replaced it. I ran the wire in the over head to the windshield post and down from the.    Cheer   It works just fine. Anyway that's one place to run your wire. On our dash we have, above the radio and A/C duct a small compartment and something for change, might try to install mine there?????

bobander
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 02:20:05 pm »

LG,
I saw that info you posted above from the factory and have since found the X-Gauge code on their website for the trans temp, I just wanted to be sure by checking with actual users.  I will probably go ahead and order one, did you get good service from 3in1autocomputer on Ebay and was it in fact the latest version, 4.05?

I agree, where and how to mount it will be the challenge.  It needs to be readily accessible to be able to push the buttons while driving if you need or want to change a readout, I am sure I will be playing with it, much to my wifes dismay.

Billy,
Regarding that "small compartment and something for change", I tried removing it when I needed to get to a factory connector behind it to hook up a brake controller for my toad.  I could never get it out without breaking it so I had to find the wires under the dash.  Hope you have better luck or go ahead and break it to get it out if you will not reuse it and cover the hole with the ScanGauge.

Bob

2010  PC 2551
lghjr
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 06:07:34 pm »

Billy, Bob,
It's still laying on the drivers seat for the moment.  Sticks in my mind (read it somewhere?)  that either ScanG' or another has a direct sunlight temperature problem,
and I really do not doubt that.  The windshield location is not very conducive to installing electronics there. 

The seller on eBay that I bought from did a drop ship from ScanGuage and he claimed in the auction that it was the latest and greatest, so I went on faith that it's the newest one.  Next time I go to the shop I will check its ver.. IIRC it came USPS Priority in 2-3 days from AZ to OK.

Keep it up with the questions guys and you will embarrass me into getting with the program and installing it, ha ha.

L. G.
lghjr
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 06:28:31 pm »

I will probably go ahead and order one, did you get good service from 3in1autocomputer on Ebay and was it in fact the latest version, 4.05?

Bob,
I just checked on the stock project and the ScanGuage version number, and sans better info as to where to look, the only ver.# I saw was on the manual and it is: Ver. 6.0.
Hope this helps.
L. G.
bobander
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 06:45:12 pm »

I will probably go ahead and order one, did you get good service from 3in1autocomputer on Ebay and was it in fact the latest version, 4.05?

Bob,
I just checked on the stock project and the ScanGuage version number, and sans better info as to where to look, the only ver.# I saw was on the manual and it is: Ver. 6.0.
Hope this helps.
L. G.

LG,
According to the manual I downloaded, the version number is displayed when you step through some screens, since it is drop shipped from the factory it should be the newest.  Also, you are right, the manual says not to put in direct sunlight as the display will be temporarily affected at higher temps.
Bob

2010  PC 2551
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: