Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: (auto drain rocker arm switch) opens valve for macerator  (Read 498 times)
cbert

Helpful Rating: 2
________
________

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2011, 05:28:28 pm »

hi people-re: 2006 23.5 cruiser: hope this hasn't been hashed over too recently but my black water valve won't open-when i clik the switch-nothing.  should i assume the switch if gone?  grey water valve switch is working fine.

also am looking to install a larger thin screen tv up front-kermit kind of advised might not be good to use a movable bracket to install it as they may allow for too much movement of the tv etc.  has maybe anyone done it anyway?   i notice some of the thin tv's are soooo light and all.  i'd like to be able to use a movable bracket so i am able to get at the back connections easily.

thanks.  connie b.
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 39
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 06:31:15 pm »

You know what they say when you assume something, no, jumper around the switch and if it works you can assume the switch is bad, if nothing happens then all you can assume is it MAY not be the switch.  The valve itself has limit switches and I would bet on it being the problem since I have noticed some bending of those components that may make the limit switches not let current to flow to the actuator. May just need an adjustment of the actuator rod. I had to adjust the gray valve on mine when things got out of alignment/cocked a little.
JackD

Helpful Rating: 23
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 2012
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Platinum
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 11:58:55 am »

Connie...your problem might well be the macerator --- try turning the screw on the beck of the pump (might have a rubber cover that needs to be removed) -- I've found this to be a remedy and don't have to mess with the wiring.  Often paper or something causes the macerator to stick, and turning the screw takes care of it.

I replaced the analog TV with a digital in my 2350 before I got the 2552...it was fairly easy as far as mounting.  However, because the dimensions are different, I had to add a piece of maple (the trim wood in that one) at the top.  It really didn't look too bad.  Unfortunately, I can't give you a picture, but you may be able to see it on the PC site under inventory --- the 2350 with "only 14K miles"  assuming they show a photo of the interior.  BTW, the replacement was a Samsung (same as the analog)...

Jack
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 310
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 07:16:18 pm »

Connie

We mounted a 21" Samsung flat screen TV in our 2008 2350 with no problem.  We did find that there was some movement of the TV on rough roads so I added a shock absorber  to the bottom edge of the TV.    The shock absorber was a wooden dowel inside a piece of foam pipe insulation and this made the bottom of the TV tight against the back board .  We then attached this to the bottom of the TV and it worked out great for us.  We did have to cut access holes in the back board for the hookups.   This is the mount we used
http://www.amazon.com/Peerless-PT632-Mount-Displays-Black/dp/B00155RH5K/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1309902718&sr=8-22

Barry

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: