Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Price Negotiation  (Read 1540 times)
mark
« on: July 06, 2011, 11:29:26 pm »

We were about to order a Tiffin, but recently heard about the fine quality of the Phoenix - and we are extremely happy that we did!
Have decided upon the 2552. I understand the "buy direct from the factory" concept, and I think it is a good idea the more I consider it. Almost everything I have ever purchased new in the past has a price that seems to be open (at lease somewhat) to "negotiation". Is such the case with a new PC - or is the purchase price "set in stone"???
We certainly want the company to make it's fair share of a profit. It builds a quality product and deserves to be rewarded for that.
MH manufactors who sell through a dealership program usually discount a new MH approx. 25% off the MSRP. Since PC sells direct, what, if any, can I expect as a discount off their MSRP?
I don't want to ask for anything special that other new PC owners have, or have not, received. I just don't know what is considered the "norm".
PS: I never thought that there could be a more informative owner's forum than what the Tiffin owners have available to them - but after researching almost every single topic on this PC forum over the past week I  am most impressed!!! In fact, the forum itself is a big part of the reason why we have decided to purchase a PC. Thanks very much for being so helpful. I only trust that we will be able to add some useful insights once we have our PC. We are looking forward to it very much!
Mark/Jeannie
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:16:47 am by TuSocks » Logged
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 60
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
Model: 2100
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 11:32:07 pm »

Welcome to the forum, Mark & Jeannie!  I'm sure someone will be along before too long to help you out with this question, but I just wanted to say  Welcome, and I hope we see you around here for years to come!

Aimee, Webmistress
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 58
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 05:41:21 am »

Welcome to the forum. As you already know, it has an abundance of information and inputs.

Regarding pricing; I suggest you talk directly with Stuart at Phoenix, who can quickly get to the bottom line with the best information.
Don't be afraid to ask about options and custom touches. PC is a pretty versatile group and can accommodate some unusual and unique requests.

I'm on my 3rd consecutive PC and if you want to discuss our experience, contact me directly (rmmpe@yahoo.com).

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 87
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 08:10:51 am »

Welcome!!! You will love your 2552. We took delivery of our 2nd PC (in two years) in January-a 2551. When we placed our order, we were not aware of the 2552 or we would have ordered the 2552.

Can't tell you anything about % off Factory Direct Pricing. Talk to Stuart. Look at all the options and make sure they are exactly what you want. If something isn't to your liking, as them to change it. We hated the bench seating in our 2350's dinette so we asked for captain's chairs in place of the bench seats.

Now if anyone could tell us who makes the backup camera, we'd be happy!!!!!

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 168
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 09:08:38 am »

I bet Carol can tell you who makes the backup camera. You just have to wait until next week when the factory reopens.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 87
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 09:28:10 am »

Amanda has been in touch. The factory reopens on the 18th and George wants to try to take care of the moisture before we leave on 2 month trek. He has been searching the internet to try to find it but to no avail. He doesn't want to take the housing apart and screw up the camera.

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
JackD

Helpful Rating: 23
________
PurchDate: May 2012
Model: 2350 Sprinter
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Platinum
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 03:01:03 pm »

Welcome, Tusocks!!!!  You'll be VERY happy with Phoenix, --- We are on our second, a 2552, after owning a 2350.  Looked at just about everything in the 23-25 foot range, in US & Canada, and came back to PC --- the product is just too good, many "standard" features are options on others, and the entire staff can't be beat.  If I ever decide on another RV, it'll be a Phoenix for sure.  As far as pricing, talk to Stuart --- he will be fair.
Good luck,

Jack
Stuart

Helpful Rating: 5
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 03:42:32 pm »

Welcome, Tusocks!!!!  You'll be VERY happy with Phoenix, --- We are on our second, a 2552, after owning a 2350.  Looked at just about everything in the 23-25 foot range, in US & Canada, and came back to PC --- the product is just too good, many "standard" features are options on others, and the entire staff can't be beat.  If I ever decide on another RV, it'll be a Phoenix for sure.  As far as pricing, talk to Stuart --- he will be fair.
Good luck,

Jack

Kermit is trying to get a hold of Carol to find out.  We used a couple different  ones and he wants to be sure to send you the correct one.  Please let me know by email if you CAN NOT wait until the 18th.
Thanks
Stuart
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 09/2011
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 12:29:29 am »

Hi Tusocks;

Love the picture of your dog. We have a border Collie, which your picture looks like.  On the negotiation thing. I had ruled Phoenix out due to price, Kept looking on the website and one day one of the brand new 2350 was on one day sale.  I called Stuart and asked it was for real.  He said it was, so upon a little negotiation and a few changes, bought my 2350 sight unseen over the phone without even talking to my wife.  It can bed done. As others said, talk to Stuart  he is a salesman through and through.  Love that thing.

DJM

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
mark
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 07:35:39 pm »

DJM-
Border Collies & Aussies are great dogs - just as the PC is a great MH. Thanks for your response.The 2350 is really a nice unit & made our decision difficult.
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 11:59:40 am »

Welcome to the both of you, you're gonna love this place.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: