Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hood River Oregon for July 4th.  (Read 1078 times)
pyrthkr
« on: May 31, 2011, 05:04:06 pm »

Will be heading up to Hood River, OR & staying mostly @ Memaloose SP on the Columbia River while there (new in-laws in Rowena).  Probably traveling through Kanab, Bountiful & Fruitland (instead of Boise) on the way north; our only desired stop on the way back home to AZ is a stop in Tillamock & a bit of the Oregon coast.  Any recommendations?
 Wink
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:46:22 pm by pyrthkr » Logged
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
Slide: Yes
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 06:28:04 pm »

Have fun. Cheers

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
Model: 2100
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 12:15:37 pm »

Take photos!!

Aimee, Webmistress
pyrthkr
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 07:53:03 pm »

Our travels took us from Phoenix (not fun loading the RV in ~100 degree weather) to Jacob Lk (state CG) for the 1st night where we loved the cool evening.  Came down the hill & through Fredonia & Kanab continuing north along hwy 89 until Spanish Fork, UT where we hopped on I-15 & battled the Provo/SLC traffic as well as construction.  2nd night at Ogden, Century RV Park where we were essentially displaced by a convention of Jehovah Witnesses however, the good folks in the office found a tent spot for us which turned out to be shady, grassy & wonderful.  Boise was our stop at a friend's home for the 3rd night & boy did we cause a stir in the neighborhood as it seemed like everyone w/in eyesight dropped by to look @ the PC.  Rode bikes along the Boise River path & had breakfast at the old RR Depot.  Left the main drag & headed across hwy 26 in Oregon along the John Day River.  4th night @ Clyde Hollingsworth SP which was lush & beautiful (the mosquitoes were just lush!).  Arrived at Memaloose SP on the 3rd of July & discovered our site was probably one of the only ones in the entire park in full sun.  Co-pilot had me re-angle the PC into the slot & we created our own shade!  Another difficulty about staying @ this SP is that you can only get to it coming from the East.  there is no cross-under I-84 from the rest stop on the west-bound side.  This made for more than a few round-about trips the 4 days we were there & visiting family in Hood River.  Departed on the 6th viewing Multnomah Falls as we headed for Tillamook where we did the obligatory factory tour.  Beat the PC up good while traveling the 3 Capes scenic loop - that road is pretty bad but Cape Mears & the area was fantastic.  Continued down the coast & spent the night literally right next to the beach at Beachview SP.  Discovered that our little daschund/chihuahua mix (saved from the Phx pound) was really a Cali dog as she frolicked on the beach, chasing the waves & sea gulls & dueling w/crabs.  Made it all the way to Mt Shasta the next day after travelling up the Umpaqua river from Reedsport - another very scenic drive.  Planned on going from Shasta to Ely, NV but only made it to Bob Scott CG before pooping out.  This was full primitive camping & TomH wd/be proud of co-pilot as she is finally starting to come around from the "luxuries" of RV Resorts.  Continued across NV before angling SE once we crossed the UT border intending to stay at the Deer Lk CG up the canyon on hwy 14 from Cedar City however, a plethora of ATVs was in the area for some sort of competition & we were shut out of the 3 CGs we passed.  No worries; down the hill to hwy 89 & into Glendale (the one near Kanab - not Phoenix) where we had a very pleasant stay @ Bauer Cyn RV park, right near Kanab Ck.  Made it to our folk's place @ Mormon Lk, AZ (after the obligatory stop at Jacob Lk for their stupendously thick milk shakes) & eventually home to Phoenix & even hotter temperatures than when we left.  I'll see if I can either post some pics or send them to Aimee.
 cool
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 05:53:35 pm by pyrthkr » Logged
lmichael

Helpful Rating: 28
________
PurchDate: May 15, 2012
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 08:20:40 pm »

Sounds like quite an adventure.  Guess you got back to AZ in time for the sand storms.  We live north of you in Pine, and we got some of your dust...  We're off to San Diego next week, and then to the Grand Canyon North Rim, Zion NP, Great Basin NP and ? (haven't decided where else yet) at the end of August. 
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 60
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 09:42:58 pm »

A great trip we closely made 2 years ago (my kid lives in SLC).
Glad to hear no mention of problems along the way.

Stay safe & go with God.

Bob

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
pyrthkr
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 07:37:25 pm »

ALMOST no problems Bob. 

Macerator started leaking from multiple locations (refer to other posts in Tips N Tricks) & filtered water spigot, when turned on @ kitchen sink wd/not shut off the unfiltered spigot.  The usual routine was to turn on the unfiltered spigot then turn the handle on the filtered spigot & some small plastic valve down the feed line would do some magic & redirect water to the filter spigot. 

Might be biting the bullet on a new macerator as I've already serviced it once (admittedly, I'm not a macerator service pro - & I did read on the Thetford site that 1 of the interconnection processes is proprietary to them!) & I'll wait until its quite a bit cooler before tackling the water filter.

Enjoy your summer!
 cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: