Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Introduce Yourself!  (Read 106430 times)
Pax
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 108
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: July
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2014
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Cafe' - Full Body
________

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: August 13, 2016, 07:22:36 am »

Welcome, garmp!  Cheers
HenryJ

Helpful Rating: 12
________
PurchDate: April 12, 16 del Jul 22,16
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2016
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: graystone
________

All ready for the road

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 13, 2016, 09:34:12 am »

Ron,
I must say that I have truly enjoyed your comments on the forum site this being my first RV, and I have struggled for about a month with whether the slide was truly a benefit. 
I went with the sofa versus the dinette (I am 6'3" and around 250 pounds and Earl indicated he did not squeeze well into the dinette), and the sofa cannot be fully extended unless you have a slide.
I wonder how many times I might change my build out before Earl tells me time is up.
I saw you travel in UP MI, I might plan to travel there after pickup in late September 2016 to iron out any flaws before traveling back to Texas.
Look forward to more of your tips.
John
There is a campground about 3 miles from the shop, we suggest a stop over there for a couple of days to see if there is anything on actual camping that might need an adjustment. They have full service sites, easy pull through to the left side of the office where you sign in. And its not far from Martins supermarket where you can find great fried chicken and stock the refrig. Good luck Patricia and Jim in Tampa

Patricia & Jim
He's in charge I just drive
Tall Guy

Helpful Rating: 4
________
OwnPC: No
Model: None
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 02, 2016, 01:38:08 pm »

Hi to all!  This is the Tall Guy aka Gary just dropping a line to say hello.  My wife and I are from Plainwell, Mi, currently we do not own a PC but are planning to place an order in 2-3 years.  We would only be able to use it four weeks a year for vacation plus a handful of weekend getaways and I can't see letting something that cost that much sit idle.  My wife is retiring in two years and I'll be following two years later.  After that it's look out America here we come!  Currently we travel and sleep in the back of our GMC HD2500 king cab 8' bed 4x4 truck with a topper,  I built a platform above the wheel wells and storage underneath.  It works great but we're getting older and are looking for a little more luxury especially when it's raining cats and dogs!  I'll be poking around the forum asking questions from time to time and offering input on travel destinations I'm familiar with.

Starry skies to all!
RheaNL

Helpful Rating: 37
________
PurchDate: October 4, 2012
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Dusk
ExtColor: Dusk lower
________

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 02, 2016, 10:13:01 pm »

Almost....Welcome to the Phoenix family. The few years until retirement will fly past and give you a few years to customize your rig and figure out what works best for you. ENJOY!!

When you pass through Colorado we are in Glenwood Springs--according to a Rand McNally survey, the funnest little town in America. Stop by and say hi.
Pax
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 108
________
PurchDate: July
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Cafe' - Full Body
________

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 03, 2016, 09:23:48 am »

Welcome Gary and wife!   Cheers

While traveling before your purchase be sure to let us know where you might be in case one of our PC's are in the area for you to look at.  It sure makes things easier to start planning and eventually deciding when you've actually seen a few up close.

- Mike
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 212
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Green&Gray Cherry
ExtColor: Full Body Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #875 on: September 04, 2016, 12:35:26 am »

Hi to all!  This is the Tall Guy aka Gary just dropping a line to say hello.  My wife and I are from Plainwell, Mi, currently we do not own a PC but are planning to place an order in 2-3 years.  We would only be able to use it four weeks a year for vacation plus a handful of weekend getaways and I can't see letting something that cost that much sit idle.  My wife is retiring in two years and I'll be following two years later.  After that it's look out America here we come!  Currently we travel and sleep in the back of our GMC HD2500 king cab 8' bed 4x4 truck with a topper,  I built a platform above the wheel wells and storage underneath.  It works great but we're getting older and are looking for a little more luxury especially when it's raining cats and dogs!  I'll be poking around the forum asking questions from time to time and offering input on travel destinations I'm familiar with.

Starry skies to all!
Hi Gary,

Welcome to the PC forum!

When you finally get your PC, you and your wife will be asking yourselves why you waited so long to get the right travel mobile.

We bought our PC eight years before I was forced retired, handing my job over to Penang Malaysia engineering last year.  During my working years, we would travel under much of the same time restrictions you have.  Given our later-year physical needs and comforts, our previous travel accommodations HERE went on for way too long.  The last trip we took in the old rig had a last-straw moment where we new it was over and done with.

Anyhow, I hope you hang around and learn much about the good and the little bad too.  If you don't already know, there is no such thing as the "perfect motor home".  But the PC line-up rides near the top of the list, especially when considering the money spent.

Again,   Welcome
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 12:40:37 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron & Irene Dittmer, 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Tall Guy

Helpful Rating: 4
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 06, 2016, 12:14:10 pm »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Two Hams in a Can

Helpful Rating: 1
________
NewUsed: Used
________

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 15, 2016, 04:16:58 pm »

Hi all...just realized we haven't introduced ourselves yet.  I'm Jeff and she's Suzanne; and our two parti color Cocker Spaniels are Scout and her younger sister, Sydney.  We are former fulltimers who have become sometimers due to health issues.  We started in a 30ft Airstream trailer and later made a move up to a 40ft Foretravel motorhome that was easier on my old bones (Suzanne has no such issues, he said gallantly!).  After selling the Foretravel when we got off the road, we tried a 14ft Casita trailer to cure our "hitch itch". . .poor decision.  We sold the Casita and are now looking to purchase a PC after a new grandson is born in October and other busy things are done with by mid December.  We hope to get a 2012 or later 2400 (like the corner cabinet by the back door); or a 2010 -2014 2551 or 2552 (no dinette).  We like theatre, both as audience and cast members (she's also a director); and WWII re-enacting (I portray British Home Guard).  Hope to see you on the road.  =J & S=  Cheers SadDog SadDog
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 212
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Green&Gray Cherry
ExtColor: Full Body Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #878 on: September 15, 2016, 06:05:22 pm »

My official Welcome to J&S

Ron & Irene Dittmer, 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: