Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Introduce Yourself!  (Read 71905 times)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 209
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: March 26, 2015, 07:40:28 am »

Mike, is the 50 amp cable a marine style like the 30 amp? Do you have to carry the cable to the side of the PC and hook it, and plug it in to the post? I remember when I had a Winnie with 50 amps the cable was large, heavy and rather hard to coil. I prefer the lighter 30 amp cable I now have. I have blown the 30 amp one time. I wish Phoenix would install an energy manament system like my Winne had, then there would be no worries with 30 amp.

Johnny the full body paint is the best and most important option you can add on. The southern sun can cause the unpainted fiber glass to calk real bad and fast. The paint will almost pay for itself when you go to sell or trade in.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
JWW

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: No
Model: None
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 26, 2015, 09:13:11 am »

Many Thanks to all for the input !
As we have more questions I will post them under a new topic in the general discussion heading.
Happy Motoring
Johnny
Pax
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 54
________
PurchDate: July
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Cafe' - Full Body
________

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 26, 2015, 10:49:30 pm »

Tom:

Yes, the 50 amp cable is much heavier than the 30 amp and yes I need to carry it from the rear cabinet to the side to hook it up.  I was a bit concerned at first by the difference in cable size, but it turned out to be a non-issue for me.  It might be for others, however.  I would suggest anyone considering it go to their local Camping World and throw one over their shoulder for a test drive.

Energy Management:  We also had Kermit hard wire a Technology Research Corp Surge Guard (Part #: 34560-004) with remote power LCD monitor at the same location as the tank/battery/lpg display.  Once we engage shore power at the pedestal, it takes about 2 minutes for the surge guard to check out the power source and ensure it is adequate, and then it passes power on to the rig.  We have had a couple of issues at RV parks and campgrounds where the surge guard disconnected our power due to a variety of issues (over or under voltage, reverse polarity, etc.). We think it was money well spent.

- Mike
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 209
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 27, 2015, 08:17:34 am »

I have the same surge guard but in the portable model. Energy manament I am talking about is much more than surge protection. It monItors your use and can shut down things as needed and restart them when you stop using something. Say you start a coffee maker and the A/C comes on, it might tourn off the electric water heater or the refer until you stop using the coffee maker. I had to watch the monitor lights to see what was happening. Really sweet.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Pax
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 54
________
PurchDate: July
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Cafe' - Full Body
________

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 27, 2015, 11:35:17 am »

Coffee I like the idea of that kind of energy management......well, except the part where it could turn off my coffee pot!
Dave

Helpful Rating: 0
________
PurchDate: January 2015
ModelYear: 2015
________

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 31, 2015, 02:54:11 pm »

After many weeks we now expect our new 2552 to leave the factory in 6 days and be delivered to Palm rv for delivery to us here in Naples Fl.  Boy it seems like a long wait.  We're two down sizers like many of you.  We miss our Tiffen bus but love our tied down fiver for living. We're looking forward to a. summer of fun enjoying th new cruiser, and not  hauling all our worldly goods around. All of you have helped the time pass plus providing helpful info while waiting.  One more week to go!!!
donc13

Helpful Rating: 5
________
PurchDate: 03/2015
Model: 2551
IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
ExtColor: White/Nightscape
________

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 31, 2015, 05:50:39 pm »

We are Don and Patti Curtis.  We bought our  2551 at the Good Sam Rally in Phoenix.   We were very happy with the buying experience and love our new motorhome.  We are looking forward to touring the factory.  We have been RVing  for 17 years so we knew what we wanted.  Thanks to Barb for sharing her thoughts about the company and Kermit.  She validated that we made a terrific decision.  Thanks also to Kyle and Earl.  I  have been reading the forum and will make some comments in the appropriate sections below...I  just may not remember  who asked the  question !

---
Don and Patti
Carol

Helpful Rating: 25
________
PurchDate: July 2014
Model: 2350 Ford
Slide: No
IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather