• NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 3/16
  • Model: 2910
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: cream
  • ExtColor: brown
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1125 on: September 12, 2018, 09:56:03 am »
I'm Rick Leddon. I bought a 2910, 2012. I am 65 years old and have wanted a rv since I was 22 years old. Took all these years to finally get it done. I decide on the Phenix Cruiser 3 years ago, researched it to death and shopping for the right one. Finally found it in Tampa at a Camping World lot. It had 36000 miles on it. We flew to Tampa from Dallas and drove it back. Spent the first night at the rv lot and the second night at a Walmart parking lot in Hattiesburg MS. I then parked the rv and didn't use it for 15 months. It needed some work to get ready, but we jumped in and started prepping it. New batteries, new carb for generator, some wiring damage due to mice (I hope they were mice.

We were off to a vintage dune buggy event in Nevada, with a stop in Arizona. Had a great time, but still on a learning curve. Second trip, four months later, off to the Smoky Mountains for another dune buggy event. 5 days then to Florida, where my wife had a 4 day convention. Parked the rv and checked in to the Marriott in Orlando. From there to the panhandle of Florida and a stop in Vicksburg Ms.

Next trip Outer banks and maybe New England.

I have a number of questions and will start posting and asking for advise. At some point I hope to be the one giving advise to the new guys. This seems to be a great group of people and I look forward to being involved.

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1126 on: September 25, 2018, 07:08:43 pm »
I'm Rick Leddon. I bought a 2910, 2012. I am 65 years old and have wanted a rv since I was 22 years old. Took all these years to finally get it done. I decide on the Phenix Cruiser 3 years ago, researched it to death and shopping for the right one. Finally found it in Tampa at a Camping World lot. It had 36000 miles on it. We flew to Tampa from Dallas and drove it back. Spent the first night at the rv lot and the second night at a Walmart parking lot in Hattiesburg MS. I then parked the rv and didn't use it for 15 months. It needed some work to get ready, but we jumped in and started prepping it. New batteries, new carb for generator, some wiring damage due to mice (I hope they were mice.

We were off to a vintage dune buggy event in Nevada, with a stop in Arizona. Had a great time, but still on a learning curve. Second trip, four months later, off to the Smoky Mountains for another dune buggy event. 5 days then to Florida, where my wife had a 4 day convention. Parked the rv and checked in to the Marriott in Orlando. From there to the panhandle of Florida and a stop in Vicksburg Ms.

Next trip Outer banks and maybe New England.

I have a number of questions and will start posting and asking for advise. At some point I hope to be the one giving advise to the new guys. This seems to be a great group of people and I look forward to being involved.

Buggy Pic. Please.       :-D