Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EXPLORING ACADIA NATIONAL PARK  (Read 156 times)
Dale and Cindy

Helpful Rating: 5
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: July 2014
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2015
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Graystone
ExtColor: Full Body Paint - Graystone
________

We're holding piece of glacier from background.

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2016, 06:55:50 pm »

FYI - For the past two days we have been exploring Acadia National Park in our PC 2350.  We do not tow a car and we did not have any problems driving the roads in the National Park.  We drove the entire Park Loop.  We did not have problems parking along the route either; we always found parking.  We did not have problems with the bridge clearances along the Park roads either.   We did not attempt Cadillac Mountain only because we took a Park Tour Bus up the day before. There was a lot of congestion/traffic on Cadillac Mountain, and even though I know we could get our PC up there, I do not think we would find a place to park.

We also explored Bass Harbor, Southwest Harbor, Seal Cove, Pretty Marsh with no problems in our 2350. 

Oh, this evening we are staying at Narrows Too RV Park, on Bar Harbor Rd, in Trenton, Maine, and there is another beautiful Phoenix Cruiser staying here as well, and they are from Alaska!  Have not talked to them yet, but their PC looks a little bigger than ours, and they have a similar paint job as our PC.  That's exciting!

Tall Guy

Helpful Rating: 6
________
OwnPC: No
Model: None
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 11:05:15 am »

So neat you guys are having a wonderful time with no vehicle size issues!  If you're not done in the Park yet and enjoy walking I highly recommend checking out some of the carriage roads, there is a pocket guide available in the visitor center for a small fee.  These roads are mostly easy walks taking you to several really neat out of the way spots or just stretch out your legs without climbing a mountain.  My wife and I are headed that way in two weeks and are getting excited!  Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!!

Hope you have plenty of starry skies!
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 115
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 12:56:58 pm »

We just got back home to Florida after having spent 2 months in Maine. If you have the time, take the one hour drive over to the Schoodic Peninsula which is part of Acadia but on the other side of Frenchmen's Bay. We spent 2 weeks there and thoroughly enjoyed it (except for the time George fell on the rocks and hurt his back).

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: