Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Electrical problem  (Read 827 times)
GoPhoenix

Helpful Rating: 75
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 12/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Full body grey
________

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2011, 09:37:07 am »

Six AC electrical outlets on our 3100 quit working in the middle of the night: TV, kitchen, behind sofa for the Areobed, inside the passenger side shirt closet above the bed, bathroom GFI, and exterior.  The bathroom GFI is not tripped (no power).  There was no storm.  No breakers are tripped (checked multiple times plus twice more at wifes insistence).  All other outlets work fine: the two front sidewalls and the two under both beds.  Dont hear the converter under the bed working either.  The TV and DVD above the bed work fine but cant figure where theyre plugged in.  The microwave works wheres it plugged in?  Hmmm Help

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
GoPhoenix

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 09:55:41 am »

Follow-up.  Just by chance, I switched off the 30 amp shore power outlet and started the generator.  Guess what?  All the outlets worked.  Now get this, I turned off the generator and switched on the shore power outlet and voila, all the outlets work. shrug

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 117
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 11:23:34 am »

Last year we had a similar problem while we were travelling. Found out that it was a bad inverter.

The T.V, bathroom, closet and outside were all on the inverter circuit on our 2350. We called Xantrex and they wanted to send us a replacement but since we were on the road, it was not an option.

On the way home, we detoured to Elkhart and Phoenix replaced it.
Problem solved!

Judi and George

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 44
________
PurchDate: 09/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 09:01:08 pm »

GoPhoenix:

Sometimes when there is a power surge the power on the inverter turns off. Did you check the power on off switch on the inverter?

DJM

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 44
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 11:33:53 pm »

Sounds to me like the switch over relay from generator to shore power de-activated/de-energized.  Using the generator reset it.  For some reason the shore power dropped out and was of insufficient voltage to relatch the relay when it came back on. Those relays are generally very reliable so I would WAG that it was a shore power problem.

L. G.
GoPhoenix

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 08:12:45 am »

Thanks for all the input.  Is this a great forum or what?  No repeat of the problem last night.  One more observation that I failed to put in my comments was that during the problem, the voltage was low, about 105v, in the outlets that did work.  Maybe the best answer at this point is there was a drop in voltage and the generator kicking in reset things.  Keeping my fingers crossed ThumbsUp

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: