• PurchDate: 12/2010
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Full body grey
Electrical problem
« on: September 10, 2011, 08:37:07 am »
Six AC electrical outlets on our 3100 quit working in the middle of the night: TV, kitchen, behind sofa for the Areobed, inside the passenger side shirt closet above the bed, bathroom GFI, and exterior.  The bathroom GFI is not tripped (no power).  There was no storm.  No breakers are tripped (checked multiple times plus twice more at wifeís insistence).  All other outlets work fine: the two front sidewalls and the two under both beds.  Donít hear the converter under the bed working either.  The TV and DVD above the bed work fine but canít figure where theyíre plugged in.  The microwave works Ė whereís it plugged in?  HmmmÖÖ :help
I remember very few of the things that Iíve spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Iíve spent money to see.

GoPhoenix

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
Re: Electrical problem
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 08:55:41 am »
Follow-up.  Just by chance, I switched off the 30 amp shore power outlet and started the generator.  Guess what?  All the outlets worked.  Now get this, I turned off the generator and switched on the shore power outlet and voila, all the outlets work. (WH)
I remember very few of the things that Iíve spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Iíve spent money to see.

gradygal

• our 3rd PC--Custom 2910
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: March 2012
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: cherry
  • ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 10:23:34 am »
Last year we had a similar problem while we were travelling. Found out that it was a bad inverter.

The T.V, bathroom, closet and outside were all on the inverter circuit on our 2350. We called Xantrex and they wanted to send us a replacement but since we were on the road, it was not an option.

On the way home, we detoured to Elkhart and Phoenix replaced it.
Problem solved!

Judi and George
Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL

mciai2000

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 09/2011
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: grey
  • ExtColor: full body night shadow
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 08:01:08 pm »
GoPhoenix:

Sometimes when there is a power surge the power on the inverter turns off. Did you check the power on off switch on the inverter?

DJM
family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)

lghjr

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
  • Model: 2700
  • ModelYear: 2007
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 10:33:53 pm »
Sounds to me like the switch over relay from generator to shore power de-activated/de-energized.  Using the generator reset it.  For some reason the shore power dropped out and was of insufficient voltage to relatch the relay when it came back on. Those relays are generally very reliable so I would WAG that it was a shore power problem.

L. G.

GoPhoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 07:12:45 am »
Thanks for all the input.  Is this a great forum or what?  No repeat of the problem last night.  One more observation that I failed to put in my comments was that during the problem, the voltage was low, about 105v, in the outlets that did work.  Maybe the best answer at this point is there was a drop in voltage and the generator kicking in reset things.  Keeping my fingers crossedÖ 2o2