Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Utah in our new 2350 phoenix cruiser mercedes diesel  (Read 2463 times)
Blair

Helpful Rating: 1
________
________

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2009, 09:07:48 pm »

My wife and I  finally got to go on an extended trip to the National Parks of Utah in our new Phoenix Cruiser 2350 Mercedes Diesel. We picked up our new motorhome in March and took two small 200 to 300 mile trips "just to feel it out".  Then in May we left for our big trip out to Utah. We were very impressed with the way the stock suspension handled the size of the unit and the way it withstood the side winds of 25 gusting to 30 while crossing Kansas. We were also pleased with the mileage of 15-17mpg depending on the speed that we drove.
     We had ours built without a slide but with the dinette. It had lots of room to move  about without disturbing each other. I get up early so the rear bed was nice for our lifestyle. We wanted our unit to be as light as possible. We saved about 400 lbs by omitting the slide. 
     We look forward to many more camping trips-Florida in December, New Mexico and Arizonia in Jan2010, and Maine in July2010.
     Thanks Phoenix Cruiser for building such a quality motorhome.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 168
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 09:52:25 pm »

Hi Blair,

Just like you did in May, we are leaving next month in September on a 3 week trip through the national parks of southern Utah in our 2007 model 2350, E350-V10.  We too ordered ours without a slide and we really like it better.  The weight savings is not the only benefit about it.  And like you say, there is still plenty of room to get around, being just the two of us.  Even though the 2350 can be driven around, we tow a small car, a Toyota MR2 Spyder, which makes our park visit sight-seeing excursions extra exciting with the top down.

I hope to take some pictures of our Cruiser in front of beautiful park features and post them, but taking the car around will reduce such opportunities.  We will see what I can do.

Thanks for sharing!

BTW: We averaged 10mpg over a 5000 mile vacation of all around driving, towing the car, doing 5mph over posted speed limits for towing.  That varies from 60 to 75 mph on the open road.  I don't know what my mpg is on the open road alone, but guessing around 12mpg.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: