Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sedona, AZ instead of Pomona RV Show  (Read 1470 times)
pyrthkr
« on: September 14, 2011, 04:31:14 pm »

With the absence of Phoenix USA & Nexus from the Pomona show, co-pilot & I have regrouped & decided to celebrate our anniversary over a November w/e in Sedona.  Been there many times but not as an RVer.  Looks like the Rancho Sedona RV park & CG might be the ticket; right at the bottom of Schnebly Hill & along Oak Ck.  Anyone have any experience w/them or any other CG in the area? Thx in advance.....
 cool
lmichael

Helpful Rating: 28
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 15, 2012
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 11:35:45 pm »

We just returned from a 4,000+ mile trip and had planned on staying the last 2 nights (sep 20 & 21) at the rancho sedona rv park, but decided at the last minute to drive home instead.  We plan on driving up to sedona in the next couple weeks, and would appreciate your comments on this cg.  The description on line sounds good--little pricey, though.
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 133
________
PurchDate: April 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: Classic Umber
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 12:17:23 am »

We stayed at Rancho Sedona RV Park in April 2010.  We enjoyed it and would stay there again.  Close to town and I think you can catch a shuttle nearby but we had our Jeep with us so didn't try it.  Go to rvparkreviews.com and you will see it is highly rated and can read the comments.

Bob

2010  PC 2551
kevin

Helpful Rating: 22
________
PurchDate: 9/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Maple
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 10:25:15 am »

Hi, while not Sedona, we really liked the Dead Horse Ranch State Park about half hour-I think- or so south.  Near Tutzigut and Cottonwood.
kevin
pyrthkr
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 05:01:15 pm »

Made my reservations for Rancho Sedona & had to take a pricier site than I had planned due to reservations already in for that time period [11/11-13].  No worries!  lmichael - you'll be up there before us so chime back w/your opinions - the resv gal seemed a bit ditsy as I had to repeat myself often before finally agreeing on the details of the resv.  Kevin: I'm familiar w/Dead Horse Ranch SP & we used to have a wonderful dinner at the White Horse restaurant down the road when we stayed there.  Unfortunately, it brings back very sad memories for the family as our grandmother passed away after falling from parent's RV some years ago.
Margie

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 10/09
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
ExtColor: Full body paint/latte
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 02:31:03 pm »

We did stay at the RV park in Sedona two years ago on our way home to CA from Elkhart.  Found it very nice.

Marjorie
pyrthkr
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 03:15:19 pm »

Thanks Margie.  I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time; especially since the RV park is within walking distance of "shopping"!!!!
 cool
pyrthkr
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 04:41:17 pm »

Sedona turned out to be as beautiful as ever; and w/rain & clouds we were provided w/stunning peeks at the red rocks in variations we normally don't get to see.  We were provided a site (#75) near Oak Ck on our telephone reservation & it turned out to be a really nice spot almost completely shaded by tall cottonwoods & other trees (as most of the sites are).  DW & I walked the ck upstream a bit to where (obviously for warmer weather) a fairly professional looking rigging of ropes going out over the water beckoned.  We also stopped just across from where the swanky L'Auberge resort was setting up for a wedding.  Hope everyone brought along their jackets!  Finished off Saturday on the porch @ the Hideaway where we sipped a local ale & watched as the sunrise painted brilliant colors on the buttes & spires.  Spent the rainy day Sunday eye shopping at Tlaquapaque (sp?) where both DW & I were amazed @ the amt of commas used on the price tags.  Had a wonderful lunch @ Oak Creek Brewery & Grill where they offer a sampler tray of 7 of their local beers (in 5oz glasses, thank goodness).  Before returning to the PC we stopped for a snack & refreshment @ Creekside where we left it up to our waiter - Jeff - to provide us w/hot refreshment & appetizer.  His choice was a wonderful bruschetta & a gut warming coffee drink (ostensibly from Alaska) known as Special K.  We definitely felt special as we headed back to the campground!  All in all, a wonderful w/e getaway.  About the only concern was the folks who came in very late Sunday night w/their diesal truck & 5th wheel & proceeded to make about 10 attempts to park it; walkway to the bridge & downtown cd/be a bit safer also.  Borrego Springs is next!
 cool
pyrthkr
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 05:40:58 pm »

BTW - forgot to mention that the Sedona shuttle service had been discontinued when we were there in November & when I returned in late February (lunch at Shugrue's Hillside!) it was still not running.  Lots of Pink Jeeps around though!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: