Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: wiring for satellite tv?  (Read 1077 times)
cbert

Helpful Rating: 2
________
________

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2009, 07:29:52 am »

hi folks-checking to see if anyone would share any info/experience they may have on the installation of satellite tv in your rv with a permanent dish on the roof.  i am just doing some research at this time and have checked in briefly with camping world (only by phone) and have a very general estimate of maybe $1800!!!  that's an ouch!

has anyone had this installation done and do they follow the existing installation of wires or install somewhere else?  do you have to get rid of the batwing or can you have both?  how about room on the roof for the dish?  and other questions i might not have thought of.

i have just noticed on the camping world site a "new" portable that is put out by winegard.  looks like a rounded dome 15" high by 18" wide that can be hooked up to your outside connection (if i understand it right).  smaller than the vuqube.  anyone have any experience with this yet (or the vuqube)?  the windgard looks like a pretty good product and the reviews seem positive. 

thanks for any help.  connie b.  2006 23.5 cruiser
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 38
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 02:08:39 pm »

I had a KingDome on my class A, automatic search, but had to build a box to switch between two different sat's with my provider to get everything I paid for.  Turned out IMO to be more trouble than it was worth.  That based on the our staying mostly in commercial campgrounds and they generally have some form of cable. If I were to do it again it would be with a portable of some sort.  My A was prewired so the installer didn't have to run any wires or cables.  We downsized to the PC 2700 and I would not have the dome on top - it's to clean the way it is.  Bugs can be a problem on the dome for reception, ask how I found out.

L. G,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: