Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 6 way power seat  (Read 901 times)
NHWanderlust

Helpful Rating: 4
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: New
Model: 2552
ModelYear: looking
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile WWW
« on: October 20, 2011, 02:50:06 pm »

Is the 6 way power seat worth it? I'm the only one that is going to drive this pleasure dome so I question the need of a 6 way power seat? I would defiantly get a passenger seat that swivels but should the drivers seat also?

Richard & Jackie Whitney
Lee, New Hampshire
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 03:22:00 pm »

When we bought our Sprinter 2350 in 2010, a 6 Way power seat was not available with the Sprinter. It was only available in the Ford.

Sprinter seats are really comfortable, easy to adjust--according to Stuart, the swivel driver seat was not available on the Sprinter. If you wanted that, you might check with Kermit.

Judi and George

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 09/2011
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 07:51:31 pm »

I am not sure what model you are ordering.  On our units we have power driver and swivel passenger. The power seat goes back further than the swivel.  In your picture you look tall.  You might want to ask Stuart which one goes back farther, power or not. I think you might need the distance.  lol

Once your better half finds out how easy the unit is to drive she may like it.  If she is smaller you def need the power seat.

DJM

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: February 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 08:24:31 pm »

Whenever I have a chance to get a 6 way power seat on a new car, I will always go for it.  If two drivers use the same vehicle, the advantages are obvious.  But if you drive long stints in the seat, you may like to occasionally change the seat position to make you feel less constrained.  It's easy to reach down and do this with power controls, but can be very difficult with manual controls.  I have a power driver's seat and love having it.

Jerry
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 09:44:00 pm »

We have a 2007 Ford E350.
I drive 90% of the time on our trips.  I am 5'-11" tall.
My wife drives 10% of the time.  She is 5'-2" tall.
The power driver seat adjusts well for each of us.
I personally like to adjust the power seat into various heights and tilt-angles while driving to extend my tollerance before our next stop.  I think the manual driver seat lacks many of those position changes.

BUT....
Having a swiveling driver seat in a PC without a 3rd seat or other obstacles, would make a welcoming 2nd living room seat, especially beneficial as shown here in Barry-Sue's brand new Ford 2012-2551.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 09:47:11 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
NHWanderlust

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 10:02:57 am »

Love the forum. Well I'm not tall. The better half is just short. Just a hair over 5 feet and thats a lot of the reason she doesn't like to drive. On every car she has had from the Chevy Chevette, the Tercel, the Colt, to the last two Subaru Foresters she has sat on a pillow. Maybe a power seat would be a good idea for the range of motion so she could drive on the Interstates. She really doesnt like to unless she has to. With no slide a swivel drivers seat is useless anyway.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 01:12:14 pm by NHWanderlust » Logged

Richard & Jackie Whitney
Lee, New Hampshire
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 01:07:23 pm »

With no slide a swivel drivers seat is useless anyway.
YES, a swivel driver seat for us with a 2350 with NO slideout would have no value as shown here.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 01:10:38 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 07:37:29 pm »

YES!

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 37
________
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 09:27:12 am »

For a short period of time I owned a 2009 Monaco Covina on the Dodge Sprinter chassis.  Neither of the front seats were able to rotate.  I really wanted at least the passenger seat to turn and I contacted Monaco to find out why they had not offerd such and option?  They stated very clearly that M-B did not install swivals themselves because of the legal liability they would pick up if the passenger seat was turned while traveling and the air bag was ever actaivted there would be significant potential for bodily injury.  Monaco's lawyers in turn would not allow swivals to be installed by them becasue they did not want to pick up any liability either.  Obviously, different lawyers and manfacturers see things differently since my Ford PC has airbags and seats that rotate.  Just some insight that I thought you all might want to hear....thanks
NHWanderlust

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 10:22:26 am »

ragoodsp
Thats a good point I had not considered regarding the airbag. It would be an important safety consideration to only travel with the passinger seat in the facing forward and locked position. Me being an anti nanny state, personal freedom kind of person, think that would be a good personal house rule to follow. Remember I'm from NH where our motto is "Live Free or Die"! So the forum has convinced me to have a 6-way driver seat, and swivel passinger seat, with house rules. On a side note I wonder if anyone ever tried to drive their RV in swiveled drivers seat. There always does seem to be someone that through their own stupidity ruins things for the rest of us. There is the urban legend about the new RV owner that picked up his new rig, got on the highway and put on the cruise control, and then got up to make a sandwich. I have a hard time believing this ever happened, but knowing the human species it probably did. Darwin rules apply. Reminds me of the time I had educate my daughter and my wife that the dash board was not the proper place to put their bare feet while being a passinger. I unfortunately know someone whos daughter did this and ended up with two broken legs, a fractured pelvis, broken jaw, and several missing teeth.

Richard & Jackie Whitney
Lee, New Hampshire
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 59
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 01:47:19 pm »

If swivel and power seats are really desired, almost any seat can be modified to accomplish both.
However, thought should be given to how high the seat will be raised before buying the swivel and power mechanisms.

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: