Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lack of info  (Read 1231 times)
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 39
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2009, 10:10:02 pm »

The manuals I received with my used 2007 PC 2700 are not complete.  Question here is: are there single point drains for the hot and cold water?

I would appreciate any info and insight. Thanks.

L. G.

P.S.  I would have looked, and have but it's been pretty cursory sofar, but have been pretty busy hooking up to tow a Vitara.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:12:14 pm by lghjr » Logged
sunbum1

Helpful Rating: 3
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 11:12:31 pm »

I'll give this question a shot, based on my 2004 PC 2350.  The simple answer is that there are three places to drain the fresh water from the coach.  To drain the water lines, there are the winterizing valves.  These just drain the water lines, not the tanks.  The location for these valves should be discussed in the manuals.  Mine are located in a storage bin.  To drain the fresh water holding tank, there is a valve near the bottom exterior of the tank.  The valve is connected to a tube that drains the water onto the ground.  This valve is also accessible from a storage bin.  To drain the water heater, there is a drain plug located inside the water heater panel at the bottom of the tank.  It's probably a plastic plug with a 7/8 inch hex head.  Remove the plug and the hot water drains out.  Refer to your water heater manual for all of the warnings and instructions before removing the plug.  Don't forget to properly replace the plug and shut all of the valves before you use the RV again.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 174
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 12:53:13 pm »

The drain plug for the hot water heater is 15/16.  I added that socket to my cheap $20 socket set which stays in the RV.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: