Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Info needed on 2000 PC  (Read 772 times)
abqgail
« on: November 02, 2011, 11:53:11 am »

My name is Jerry and I am helping my mother-in-law.  She is 76 and last year purchased a 2000 PC.  I am not sure what model, it is about 23 - 24 ft with the bathroom in the rear.  She has all the documentation for all the components, but nothing for the RV.  I called PC and was told back then they did not supply a RV Manual - dumb as that sounds.  I am familiar with RV's since I had a 5th wheel and now own a class B Pleasure Way Excel.  I am having some issues.  Since there appears to be no shut off switch for the house battery, I would like to unhook the negative battery cable or even remove it for the winter.  The problem is access to the battery(s).  There is no slide out tray on the outside that I can find.  I see the battery under the drivers side couch/bed, but it would seem that it would require the bed to be removed.  Since that doesn't seem to make sense, I must be missing something.  Can anyone help please?
pyrthkr
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 03:50:36 pm »

Hi Jerry.  On my model 2551 - possibly larger than yours but bathroom still in the rear - the dual battery slide out tray is just to the left of the step well door, on the outside.

As for a PC manual - I also received just about every component documentation & only a few pages of PC directly related stuff (I bought it used).  I would be happy to get it from the RV tonight, scan it & send it to you if you think it will be of assistance.

BTW - there are a few posts on this forum about conserving battery power that you may want to read as well.  One of the challenges is the inverter draw - regardless of what is actually turned on inside the unit.

Mike
abqgail
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 06:52:39 pm »

Thanks Mike for the response.  I don't think the manual you have will correspond to this unit.  I just checked again and the battery is on the drivers side under the couch.  I assume there may be two but not sure.  I appreciate the info about battery drain posts, this thing seems to drain the house battery in a couple of weeks.  I know in my Pleasure Way if I don't turn the battery off via the disconnect switch, the LP and CO2 detectors will draw down the battery after a while.

I guess I will just have to take it to the dealer here who used to sell PC's.  I don't think there is a current dealer here in Albuquerque since the contact at PC couldn't refer me to one.  It's the same dealer who does the work on my PW.
abqgail
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 07:00:15 pm »

One more question sir.  In reading a post about the inverter (where ever that is in this unit) they refer to a switch by the door.  I have the same switch but not sure what its function is, can you enlighten me a bit?
pyrthkr
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 06:29:58 pm »

Apologize for the delayed response.  If your "switch by the door" is the same as mine, it shuts off the 12V.  If you also turn the inverter to "Line Only" at the same time, all power will be off however, the inverter will still draw from the battery (don't ask me why it was designed that way).  There is a post regarding conserving battery life while dry camping & what to do to improve the available charge time - you need to disconnect one of the telephone jack plugs on the converter but I will refer you to the specific posting for exact instructions.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 11:01:59 pm »

The 2000 PC was made quite differnently.  The floor plan and aero cap is the same, but many technical/electrical changes were made since.  I think most people on this forum will be providing data that will not apply.  Things like the inverter was introduced in 2005 or 2006 as an option, 2007 as standard.  The battery(s) have been relocated twice since 2000, and there are many more differences.  But the fundimentals of the over-all motor home are basically the same.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:26:45 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
karlstream

Helpful Rating: 0
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 10:28:44 pm »

I also have a 2000 2350 PC.  The switch by the door is probably for the porch light, mounted outside and to the left of the entry door.  It also does not come equipped with an inverter  or a house battery disconnect switch from the factory.  There is also only one 12 volt house battery located under the dinette seat.   I'll be happy to answer any other questions.  Fire away.

karl
karlstream

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 10:54:10 pm »

Some more.... The only access to the house battery is through the top of the seat base.  Just remove the screws and lift out the panel.  Also, there are no factory manuals available for the house part of the RV.  When I was at the factory last fall, Kermit gave me all they had available, which was a copy of the original price sheet with the options listed.  He said they can't provide hard copy  layouts of the wiring,  plumbing and other construction details, as most of the factory crew are long time employees and they keep all this information "in their heads".  Sigh.

karl
karlstream

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 11:33:56 pm »

After rereading your original post, I see you have a couch, not the dinette so my verbiage concerning access to the house battery was nonsense.

Sorry

karl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: