Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Storing dishes  (Read 989 times)
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 92
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2011, 08:26:49 am »

Hi All,
I am wondering how you store your dishes in the PC. When we bought the 2350, I bought a plastic coated wire dish holder and placed it in the cupboard above the sink. The dishes that we use are melamine.

Did the same when we got the 2551. On the way back from our trip this summer, the latch failed and all the dishes came crashing out and some broke. We got new latches from Carol at the factory so the door is now secure but I would like to find another way to store the dishes.

What do you do?

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 324
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 09:51:23 am »

Judi,

What I did in the 2350 and now the 2551 is the following:

I bought the three tier corner shelf like shown here http://www.amazon.com/Seville-Classics-SHE14049-2-Tier-Organizer/dp/B002QCHSZA/ref=sr_1_12?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1320676580&sr=1-12
     I then turn it on its side and Barry attched it with a small hook to the center panel of the cabinet.  I then place the dishes on their edge. 
     I use corelle.  I carry a service for six with a few extra serving plates and a tray.  I store all of this in the cabinet above the sink.  Also in there are all my mugs, plastic glassware and two glass wine glasses.   I have used these since 2003 and have not broken any.
     For my glasses I bought one of those wire shelves (just a small single tier).  Barry attached three small poles to it and I can store my mugs underneath and my glasses on top.  Nothing has ever fallen over or out.  The three little poles allow me to stack my glasses and they will not fall over.  I got this idea from a Navy ship we toured and this is how the glasses were held in place.  What I like best about this arrangement is that I do not have to move anything to get one item out.  Everything is easily accessible.
     When I go out to the PC today I will take pictures and post later on.

I do not know what would happen if the door latch breaks but unless something falls over and places alot of force on the door I am hopin this doesn't happen.

Sue

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
gradygal
SuperHero Member

________
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 10:55:46 am »

Sue,
That is the exact corner shelf that I have but it is not turned on it's side. I tried that when we went to W.P. Franklin last week and the dishes rattled around. Am looking forward to a picture of how you did it. Maybe George will have another project. Thanks.

Judi

Punta Gorda FL
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 324
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 01:45:45 pm »

Judi

Here's the pics.  The corner shelf is turned so that there is a slightly raised edge so the dishes cannot roll out.  Notice the small clip in the center of the door rail that keeps the shelving in place.  The shelf with the glasses is attached to the side wall in the center at the top of the shelf.   We have never noticed any rattling and if there was I would probably just store my extra paper towel or hand towels in there while traveling to keep things nice and tight.

I also wonder if it's the weight of the plates that has a factor in bouncing or not.

We'll be in site 11 come 12/31 at WP

Sue

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
gradygal
SuperHero Member

________
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 03:36:43 pm »

Thanks for the pictures. Now we have to go to the storage facility to take a look at our wire shelf. We are not sure if it has that lip when it is on its side. We will have to check it out.

Site 11 at W.P. Franklin is a good site.

Judi

Punta Gorda FL
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 59
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 05:08:44 pm »

Heavy duty paper cups and plates don't weigh much and you can pack a lot into a small space.
And they save water.

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 09:25:04 am »

Dishware, we primarily use Corningware, stored in the drawers under the utensel drawer.  They stack extremely tight requiring very little room.  Corningware takes a real good beating and doesn't rattle between commons either.  My wife loves it for it's microwaving friendliness too.  We use larger conventional ceramic mugs, not Corning cups as they are too small.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: