Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Maple
ExtColor: Sterling (lower)
________

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2011, 04:23:19 pm »

Forgive me if this has been asked before. I did look, but did not find it.

Does anyone know how the standard Samsung TV is connected in the front of the Ford 2350 (2012)? We just bought one and would like to add a connection or two to it. The standard connection (the one used by default during construction) appears to be composite (single yellow cable), whereas we would like to add component in order to leverage the full HDTV capabilities of the Samsung.

I gently looked for hinges or swivels or other suspension devices, but did not see them. Before I pull too hard and/or break something, I'm hoping that someone knows how the TV is connected or how I can access the additional connections on the back of it.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Steve
2012 Ford 2350
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 189
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 05:46:13 pm »

Look in the cabinets with the glass door. You should see two or three screws on the side by the TV. Remove these screws and the TV will fall out, so be careful.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
smoline

Helpful Rating: 0
________
PurchDate: 11/10/2011
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 07:53:25 pm »

Look in the cabinets with the glass door. You should see two or three screws on the side by the TV. Remove these screws and the TV will fall out, so be careful.

Thanks, Tom. I'll try that. Saw those screws in there and thought about taking them out to "see what happens," but then it would be better to ask the forum instead. I appreciate the quick reply.
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 08:13:54 pm »

Be careful, my Audio cable was to short and pulled out of the tv.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 37
________
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 08:41:37 am »

Be very careful taking all of the screws out...TomH is 100% correct in that once all the 6 screws are out that baby just falls out.  Billy is all so right in that the cables do not have a lot of extra length and it is not easy to get the TV back up and reach around to see what plugs are what; You cannot plug anything in while the set is down and out just nbot enough extra cable....a pain to say the least.  Best of luck
GoPhoenix

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 12/2010
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Full body grey
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 12:55:13 pm »

So...is there an HDMI connection on the back of the Samsung TVs? I know its the very basic model. Several features on the menu are greyed out.  Im asking because I have a Netgear Push2TV TV adapter.  Bought it from Dell for $50 when I bought my new Dell computer.  Allows you to watch HD program wirelessly from your computer and works great.  Find any show on a network website, run it with the adapter and voil, youre watching in HD on your TV.  Were going to be gone a couple of months in Florida at a resort that has cable and would like to see how it works there.  (Requires an HDMI connection.)

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Push2TV-Adapter-Wireless-PTV1000/dp/B0033WWAF0

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
smoline

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 09:26:02 pm »

So...is there an HDMI connection on the back of the Samsung TVs? I know its the very basic model. Several features on the menu are greyed out.  Im asking because I have a Netgear Push2TV TV adapter.  Bought it from Dell for $50 when I bought my new Dell computer.  Allows you to watch HD program wirelessly from your computer and works great.  Find any show on a network website, run it with the adapter and voil, youre watching in HD on your TV.  Were going to be gone a couple of months in Florida at a resort that has cable and would like to see how it works there.  (Requires an HDMI connection.)

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Push2TV-Adapter-Wireless-PTV1000/dp/B0033WWAF0

Not sure about HDMI, but I'm optimistic about component connections, which will deliver hi-def resolution up to 1080p. Better than the installed/standard composite connections (if this works). Will follow up and let all know the results.

Steve
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 189
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 07:43:25 am »

Before you go tearing everything apart, you might want to call the factory and talk to them about which cables do what. To me it looks like you have the roof antenna and the cable going into the back of the wall plate before coming out the front and going to the TV. There is a cable going from the DVD player to the TV. There is a three wire cable (red, white and Yellow) going from the TV to the box then to the DVD player. I have no idea what the yellow is used for but I think the red and white are going into the DVD/amp to give you the surround sound. I found this by looking into the cabinet and not by taking the TV down. Call me lazy if you want, but I would rather ask before leaping. Grin

A call to the factory can tell you what you need to know and they are always ready, willing and able to help us owners. ThumbsUp

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
pyrthkr
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 03:03:39 pm »

I have to agree w/Tom but only because I took my TV frame apart to check the connections & found out the hard way they are all where they are supposed to be w/no need to change anything (I wasn't converting to HDMI cable though).  You may have to access the bottom or left side of the TV to plug in the HDMI but I'm not sure.  I used a multi meter to check which cable was what & labeled what I found (I have an unused rotating sat on top in addition to the batwing, front & rear TVs on a 2008 2551).  Call Stuart or Kermit & you will get the exact tasks necessary or they will hook you up w/someone who can.
 cool
smoline

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 08:09:33 pm »

Got everything apart today. I consider myself a reasonable geek/techie, but was moderately surprised at what I found. HDMI to/from the DVD player (which is the foundation for the surround sound system). Optical audio from the TV to the DVD player. Composite audio and video (video is the "yellow" cable) between the TV and the "connection station" in the right front glass cabinet.

I will make some changes tomorrow and post the results (e.g., replace all composite with component and/or HDMI). Note that in order to get anything to play through the surround sound setup, it needs to connect through the DVD player (that's what the six surround sound speakers connect to).

I wish I had read more closely about short cable connections to the TV. The HDMI cable connection into the TV bent to the point of snapping as I removed the TV from the installation brackets. I might have to replace that (my own fault).

All in all, a nice job by PC. I might have done it a little differently, but the installation defaults are perferctly reasonable.

Thanks,

Steve
billy
SuperHero Member

________
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 11:13:59 am »

I had my tv out and the wood on the back seemed loose so I took the tv apart and reinforced the backing. I've had my tv out a few times and found the easiest way is once the screws are out lean it forward, unplug the cables. Also you don't need those long screws, get something with a good head and a little shorter. My audio pulled out and the retaining clip came off so with a little "duct tape" once it in it was ok. Next time out, longer cable.

Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 319
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 11:27:41 am »

Steve

I have used this website several times for cables and they are very good.  They ship fast, good quality and have a great price.  Here is a link to the website for HDMI cables.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10231

Barry

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
smoline

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 04:29:07 pm »

Thanks, Barry.
Steve
billy
SuperHero Member

________
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 08:28:38 pm »

Yes indeed very nice to know. Thanks Barry.    ThumbsUp

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: