Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Washing the Phoenix bedspread  (Read 391 times)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 189
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2011, 06:47:22 pm »

Has anyone tried to wash the bedspread that came as an option on the PC? We have called the factory and the manufacture of the bedspread and no one is sure if we can wash it or it needs to be dry cleaned. They all say that dry cleaning would be safer but...  Carol has been trying to find out for me but she is real busy right now. We do have one of the new fancy Samsung front load washing machines with a few hundred option on it. Help

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 40
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 07:46:46 pm »

This will not help, but.....   On the last 4 rv's as soon as they came home the wife takes those things, shams, bedspread, sofa arm thingies, i.e., wear items like that and preserves it in vacuum plastic bags for the next owner.  Can't prove that it helps in the resale, but so far we have had pretty good luck presenting a unit like it came from the factory to prospective buyers.

Besides it gives her two important things - shopping time for new stuff (most important) and a chance to personalize "her" new rig.

And I get to shop for oil, filters and the usual incidentals necessary for "goin on down the road".
pyrthkr
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 10:08:14 pm »

Our 1st cleaning of the bedspreads on our used 2008 2551 was dry cleaning.  2nd cleaning was regular washer/dryer & they seemed to shrink a bit but, after numerous times pulling the corners down, they are taking shape once again.  I would vote for dry cleaning based on our experience.
 cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: