Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TV option  (Read 379 times)
GoPhoenix

Helpful Rating: 41
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 12/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Full body grey
________

View Profile WWW
« on: December 25, 2011, 04:52:00 pm »

An idea for those of us without satellite/DVR but with Wi-Fi.   I just connect my laptop computer to the TV with a High Speed HDMI Cable, and then we can watch programming via Wi-Fi from network and cable websites such as news, dramas, etc. that we were unable to watch live.  Works well.

You need a computer and TV with HDMI ports.  The newer Samsung in our 3100 has an HDMI port on the right-hand side (assume on the back too, but too hard to access).  I just removed the three screws on the right, swung it out enough to insert the cable, threaded it through the back, pushed the TV back in (tight squeeze), dropped the cable out the right-hand door (when using), and connected it to the computer.  Use the SOURCE button on the remote to change the TV port and youre in business.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00316263Y/ref=oh_o00_s00_i01_details

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 08:07:07 pm »

Now this sounds like a very cool idea.  Thanks for sharing.  I am sure I would have much better luck this way than spinning my Winegard around in circles just to get "pixelation reception".
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 08:08:54 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
GoPhoenix

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 12/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Full body grey
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 09:58:00 am »

Of course the better the Wi-Fi signal strength the better this setup works.  Heres another idea.  Wi-Fi signal strength in campgrounds can, of course, be good, poor, or both depending where you are in the campground.  I found this product rated pretty highly on Amazon, Alfa USB Wireless WiFi Network Adapter, and ordered it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WCEWU8/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

With it, the bar indicator on my computer for signal strength is at least 50% higher or more.  Very pleased with it.

http://ii.alatest.com/product/full/4/8/1000mW-1W-802-11b-g-USB-Wireless-network-WiFi-Adapter-for-Wardriving-Range-Ext-0.jpg

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: