Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Boss multi-media player  (Read 1578 times)
GoPhoenix

Helpful Rating: 75
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 12/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Full body grey
________

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2011, 04:02:45 pm »

Cant get the ceiling and subwoofer speakers to work with the Boss Multi-media player in the bedroom area. It plays a CD fine, but only through the TV speakers.  Ive tried every menu and button on both the TV and the player remotes no luck.  Whats the solution?

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 196
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 06:22:58 pm »

Are you sure you are not listening to the rear speakers for the dash radio? Turn on the radio and set the fader all the way to the rear, then walk back there and see if they are on. My rear surround speakers are in the kitchen area. We do have different layouts, so my locations could be different than yours.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:25:38 pm by TomHanlon » Logged

Current PC: 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC: 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
GoPhoenix

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 07:19:26 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  But Im not referring to the surround speakers; they work fine.  Im talking about the ceiling speakers just outside the bathroom above the bed headboards, and the subwoofer located below the drivers-side bed. They are supposed to be on when the Boss multi-media DVD/CD player (located above the passenger-side bed just aft of the bedroom TV) is on. But I cant get them to work.

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 289
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Green&Gray Cherry
ExtColor: Full Body Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 12:25:22 am »

See if those dead speakers are wired to the dash board radio, volume adjusted using the fade control.  That is how they work in my 2007 2350.

My subwoofer is wired to the DVD head unit though.  It works well when playing action movies with thunder and bombs, but pretty much quiet in dramas.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:28:54 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron & Irene Dittmer, 2007 Model 2350, Ordered Without A Slideout
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 196
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 07:58:45 am »

I did not get the bedroom TV so I can't say for sure but I doubt that the sub woofer and the rear speakers would be wired into both the front and the rear TV. What would happen if both TVs were on at the same time? I guess this warrants a call to the factory next week.

Ron, In my first post, I missed that he is talking about the rear TV also.

Current PC: 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC: 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
GoPhoenix

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 10:10:02 am »

Youre right!!  Those speakers are tied to the dash radio.  That absolutely never occurred to me.  What in the world is the point of that? shrug Rear dash radio speakers should not be too far behind the truck seats to be useful.  Those speakers as they are positioned now should be used for CDs/DVDs rather than those tinny TV speakers.  Still dont hear the sub-woofer though, even with ears right next to it and an action movie on.  May just remove it the storage space is much more valuable.  Thank you Ron and Tom, and a helpful ranking vote each.

bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 144
________
PurchDate: April 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: Classic Umber
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 12:02:06 pm »

In my 2010 2551, the bedroom DVD player works only through the bedroom TV speaker.  The sub-woofer under the bed works with the front DVD sound system.  And yes, the ceiling speakers in the bedroom are from the dash radio, took me a while to figure that out and still haven't used them.

Bob

2010  PC 2551
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 12:10:13 pm »

gophoenix, Glad you got it figured it out.
It is extremely rare when we turn on the rear speakers (using the fade control) while driving as there is seldom someone laying back there when in transit, let-alone wanting to hear what is being played up front.

To utilize those speakers much better, it would be nice to add a compact am/fm/cd/dvd head unit in back to amp-up those two bedroom speakers for the rear TV.  But for us, we are fine with the little speakers in the rear TV itself.  At least so far.  When we want music in back when camping, we just play the main unit up front.  Not ideal but it works.

Tom, I have to learn to read from the beginning.  I see farther up you had already advised gophoenix to work the chassis dash board radio's fade control.
"Duh" to myself!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:11:55 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

DownBy TheRiver

Helpful Rating: 2
________
OwnPC: No
PurchDate: Hopefully soon
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2910D is my favorite model
IntColor: Dusk
ExtColor: Dusk
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 02:48:10 pm »

Just out of curiosity -

Do any of us desire to have a curbside under-awning entertainment center available as an option ala Winnie and others?

A wannabe here - so don't know whether or not the in-coach capabilities are sufficient outside when camping.  While TV would be great (plug-in capability from a smaller 2nd TV), frankly I would enjoy radio/audio alone.

I know packaging/accessibility is tight, yet can see in my ideal customized 2910D, sufficient packaging space in the area of the dual lounge chairs and pull-up table.
GoPhoenix

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 09:11:59 pm »

Follow-up.  The subwoofer under the drivers side bed is connected to the front home theater system, not the DVD player in the bedroom.  Pretty unbelievable.  I put a movie in that system this evening, went back and kneeled on the floor, and finally heard it (barely).  Worthless.  That makes all three speakers in the bedroom area worthless. Were in Florida for two months, but we get back, the subwoofer comes out - more storage.

mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 44
________
PurchDate: 09/2011
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 10:09:59 pm »

Hi Tom, Ron & go Phoenix:

Just my two cents on this issue.  With two teenagers into music, having the back speakers work without listening to the front speakers is a blessing.  When we are traveling down the road we often turn on the dash radio with rear speakers only on.  They listen to the music they want and I don't have to hear it.  Also, they run their ipod through the entertainment system and listen to that as we run down the road.  Different strokes for different folks...

@Go Phoenix your "pretty unbelievable" is my blessing...........

DJM

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
DownBy TheRiver

Helpful Rating: 2
________
OwnPC: No
PurchDate: Hopefully soon
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2910D is my favorite model
IntColor: Dusk
ExtColor: Dusk
________

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 05:41:11 am »

My own personal opinion?

Whomever is responsible for developing and marketing sub-woofers, generally?

They need be shot, drawn and quartered - without mercy.

Not that I don't thrill to an enthusiastic base-line for some of my own rock anthems - but that I believe if one is fully committed  to their "anthems", one should necessarily "rattle the dishes" at 200 watts per channel, rather than at 25 watts per channel.

Own your obsessions, please.  Just don't require that that rest of us own your obsessions at the "nominal" 25 watt level.

By all means - "crank it"!  But take responsibility!

At 25 watts with a sub-woofer, you choose not any sonic responsibility for your obsession, yet impose the "rattle" surreptitiously upon us all.

Either choose 200 watts per channel, make a bold statement, or just GTFO!

There - the "crabby old man" feels better now!

ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 06:35:21 am »

About the subwoofer.

I assume the one in my 2007 model year, is basically the same as the one in a 2012.  That thing is big, but not big by subwoofer enclosure standards.  And it's power rating is not much either.  I have a very conservative subwoofer.

Given we have a no-slideout dinette 2350, I had the factory mount the subwoofer under the front-most dinette bench.  That worked out real well.  I like the sub, but it would bother me to have it in my main outdoor storage compartment where space is a premium.  It also made sense to place the sub as far from the bed as possible.

Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

________
PurchDate: 6/2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 06:44:39 am »

I agree - Sub-Woofers are annoying.
In fact, I moved mine............to the garage.

As for having to listen to another's loud music; my kids always knew if I could hear theirs, it was too loud and would either be dialed down or the player/TV would disappear.

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: