Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Modifications & additions to PC 2350  (Read 693 times)
BuffaloRose

Helpful Rating: 23
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 3/3/2014
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
________

Earl & Rose

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2015, 01:20:09 pm »

Well we've owned our used 2350 and done all the little tweaks we can think of.  Thought I would share them.  I hope I can add the photos in the right order. Generally, when I say "we", that means my husband executed my idea😃 Smile.

We removed the cutting board that we didn't use and replaced it with a metal silverware compartment to give us a little more utensil storage.

We removed the coffee pot shelf.  Took the wood and made a shelf at the foot of the corner bed to hold a projection clock and little stuff you remove at night.

We attached wire baskets under those little corner upholstered shelves to put our tablet, phones or papers in.  (Don't leave stuff in them when driving).

We replaced the original tv and took the board behind it that matched our cabinets to make a cover for the ugly, naked DVD player in the bed area. Now it looks finished.

A bamboo silverware caddy from Bed, Bath & Beyond mounted to the wall beside the sofa holds those remotes.

We found a nice drop leaf table that folds to about 6" wide to replace the cumbersome, heavy table that was included with the PC.  It matches perfectly, stores behind the driver seat when traveling, is easy for me to set up and opens either one or two leafs for a nice dining area or just for working with one leaf up.

We found a nice ottoman that is small enough to get around with the slide in while traveling, but works for a foot rest with the sofa and the recliner with slide out.  The top lifts for much needed storage, flips to make a coffee table and functions for extra seating.

BuffaloRose
Carol

Helpful Rating: 74
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: July 2014
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2015
Slide: No
IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather
ExtColor: Sterling simplified
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 03:06:04 pm »

Nicely done!  My favorites are the ottoman and that drop leaf table.

Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 393
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 07:47:34 pm »

Very, very nice!!!

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
Pax
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 101
________
PurchDate: July
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Cafe' - Full Body
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 11:32:29 am »

Great job!  Covering the DVD player has been on my list and your solution looks perfect.  We have a similar ottoman (from QVC) and use it as a trash container/footrest/extra seat.  Your idea of taking out the cutting board made me think that one could also replace it with a slide out spice holder.

- Mike
Gail Staton

Helpful Rating: 30
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: April 23, 2015
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Dusk/Maple
ExtColor: Dusk
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 02:38:08 pm »

Very nice ideas.  I love seeing what others have done to make PC living a little more convenient.  Thanks for sharing.

We have a few items to think about after returning from this trip.

Gail
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: