Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Ramp solution  (Read 168 times)
AMW

Helpful Rating: 20
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: July/2014
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2015
Slide: No
IntColor: Toast
ExtColor: Sterling
________

2015 2100-stretch

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2014, 08:14:53 pm »

I finally found a pet ramp that is a good size for the PC step.  My 4' aluminum ramp from the ClassA was longer than I needed and there was no place near the door that it could stow without being in the way.  My plastic ramp from the van was too thick and created a treacherous tripping hump where it rested on the step...also not easy to stow.  I found this one, 36"x14" (and there is a 12" wide available) on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JLRR3DU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sturdy aluminum but light and thin and easy to stash.  I peeled off the black tread because it was hot as a frying pan in the sun and replaced it with light sand colored aggregate anti-slip tape.  I did the PC step also because my old dog was also having trouble with the visibility issue of the black step.  Even with the kwikstep light, it looks like a hole from above to the dog, instead of a stable surface.  I don't know if the tape will last as well as the original, but we will find out.  So far my old girl likes it very much.

Ann W.
Pax

Helpful Rating: 47
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: July
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2014
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 11:14:58 pm »

Hey, that's pretty slick!  This would be great for our tiny Pomeranians!  Won't have to lift the little things in and out.

- Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: