Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ant invasion  (Read 295 times)
HenryJ

Helpful Rating: 36
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: April 16 del Jul 24,16
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2016
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: graystone
________

All ready for the road

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2017, 06:03:20 pm »

On Saturday Jim discovered we had an ant invasion in the cabinets over the sofa... he did reach in for crackers and got covered in ants before he noticed what was going on. When I told a couple of friends about the find one told me her quick spray for ants was hair spray. Since that is usually not too far away and could be used in all kinds of non flameable circumstances i thought that was a great tip. I did remove things and sprayed with a healthy spray and it will soon be back to normal. Now I have to see if any hint where they got in. Ive never had RV bugs that crawl so this will end.

Patricia & Jim
He's in charge I just drive
donc13

Helpful Rating: 70
________
PurchDate: 03/2015
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2015
IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
ExtColor: White/Nightscape
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 09:41:47 am »

Unfortunately, there are lots of places that ant sized insects can get in.  Ants will go quite a distance look for a new home or food.  My only advice would be to spray now and then. Perhaps a few ant traps would help also.

---
Don and Patti
jatrax

Helpful Rating: 80
________
PurchDate: November 2016
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2017
IntColor: Graystone
ExtColor: Graystone
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 12:33:59 pm »

Makes you wonder about spraying that hair spray on your hair if it's alternative use is as a bug killer......................... shrug
RheaNL

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: October 4, 2012
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Dusk
ExtColor: Dusk lower
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 12:44:05 am »

I had a bad invasion years ago in my first travel trailer.  In that case, I had parked a tire right on an ant hill. Every since it is my habit that once parked, I spray the tires and surrounding ground and jacks, if we put them down, with a yard bug spray. What I use has changed over the years,but my current favorite is Raid Max Bug Barrier.
https://www.amazon.com/Johnson-10191500-RAID-MAX-BARRIER/dp/B00SPLK68W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504586484&sr=8-1&keywords=raid+max+bug
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 157
________
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 06:42:36 am »

We carry Terro Liquid Ant Bait. We haven't had to use it yet but it's the only one we found that worked on an ant invasion. They also sell a tube of the stuff formatted as goo that you put into crevices like caulk. It kills ants DEAD. As with all poison, you have to keep it away from pets. To prevent that I use a small cottage cheese tub with lid turned upside down. I cut a little notch in the rim of the bucket part as an ant door, stick the ant poison to the inside center of the lid (tape, glue, the glue boogers off our lunch meat labels, whatever), cut the poison open, snap it together and set it down (the bucket remains upside down/lid down). I have dead ants in no time.

John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Spiritofthewoods.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: