Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Running frig before trip  (Read 865 times)
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 133
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: April 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Classic Umber
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 05:45:48 pm »

Tom,

Glad that you verified my understanding of the battery disconnect switch with Kermit, I hesitate to challenge any of my extended family here on the PC forum - thanks for being a good sport about it.  Cheers

While sitting here in the PC in Tucson, Az enjoying the warm weather I thought I would put together a very simple schematic of the disconnect switch.  I did this in Excel and took a picture of the screen to upload since I can't print and scan; quality is not that great.

This is for my 2010 2551, the relay and converter are located differently in some other models, but the schematic is probably the same.  The battery disconnect relay is located under the passenger side bed next to the converter/charger, the disconnect switch and light are located next to the entry door.

The disconnect relay is a latching relay that mechanically latches in the closed or open position after receiving the corresponding 12V signal from the battery disconnect switch.  The disconnect switch is a two way momentary contact switch that momentarily sends the signal to the relay for both the "USE" and "STORE" positions.  The "STORE" position is the disconnected or open position for the relay.  You can see in the schematic that even with the relay in the disconnected open position that the light at the doorway switch will be powered if the converter is plugged into shore power and thereby providing power to the 12V circuits.

Hope I haven't got too detailed and bored everyone, but I love digging into the workings of stuff like this - my wife says it is a curse.

Bob

2010  PC 2551
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 40
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 07:29:18 pm »

Good info Bob, I did not have the correctness of it either. Thanks, L. G.
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 189
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 01:31:14 pm »

Hi Bob,

Any time you or anyone on this forum wants to correct me, please feel free to set me right. I have never complained about being corrected or the chance to learn something new. After all, I have been married to the DW for 43 years now, so I am used to being corrected. rolling on the floor

Tom

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: