Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Elkhart - Things To Do  (Read 1674 times)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 189
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 04:06:25 pm »

Ron does but I live in Howard County Maryland. I think we meet at the Hershey show last September. I was sitting in the 2552. Ended up ordering one that day.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
classact

Helpful Rating: 3
________
OwnPC: No
Model: 3100
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 01:54:42 am »

I'm late in seeing this, but FWIW- I'm an Elkhart County native and have to say that I probably wouldn't recommend Eby Pines.  It's "OK", but it's long overdue for the upgrades.  One of the nicest campgrounds within reasonable distance from Elkhart is Pla-Mor between Bremen and Nappanee.  It gets high marks on www.rvparkreviews.com and it's probably about a 35-45 minute ride to PC HQ in Elkhart.

2007 Jayco Melbourne
PC 3100 Wannabe
classact

Helpful Rating: 3
________
OwnPC: No
Model: 3100
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 11:47:44 pm »

I'm enjoying the comments about the "bad" water in Elkhart.  Funny story - I grew up in Elkhart County (that's not the funny part) and went to college at Purdue (that's also not the funny part).  I had grown so used to the exceptionally hard water from the well on our farm that I actually missed it when I went to college!  So every few weeks when I'd come home, I would fill up plastic jugs and take it back to college with me. I eventually got used to city water, less hard, whatever, and much prefer it today.    So, don't fear the water - one tank isn't going to hurt your system by any means, although it might taste funny to you if you drink it out of the tap (which we never do in our RV anyway).

Also with regard to Elkhart County - don't fear traveling there this time of year. The county in particular, and the region in general, is very adept at handling the weather they receive this time of year.  I would MUCH prefer driving on an Elkhart Country road in a Feb snowstorm over driving in Nashville after a light dusting any day. Seriously!

2007 Jayco Melbourne
PC 3100 Wannabe
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: February 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 11:07:01 am »

This probably belongs in the joke section, but those of us who didn't grow up in the Midwest tend to think of places like Peoria, Akron, Toledo, and yes, Elkhart, as being in the rather boring Rust Belt of the old industrial USA.  So when I see a long thread of what to do in Elkhart, I am reminded of a wonderful John Denver rendition of a Randy Sparks tune, Saturday Night in Toledo Ohio.  It can be heard on Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r519fk811rA.  If you you're not familiar, listen and enjoy.  By the way, I have been thinking about going to Elhart just to see what the home of the RV industry, at least in better times, looks like. 

Jerry
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 181
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 01:00:18 pm »

I have been thinking about going to Elhart just to see what the home of the RV industry, at least in better times, looks like.  Jerry
Try Google Earth, with an occasional  "street view".  You can pretend you are driving right past the PC factory.  Google Earth with it's many cool features is absolutely free.

Too bad Kermit, Stuart, and the entire PC team was not outside waving at the G.E. vehicle when it drove past taking the pictures.  If you go there through G.E. today, there is not one PC or cut-away chassis parked anywhere outside.  No employee vehicles either.  Must have been a sunny Sunday.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:06:20 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: