Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Problem posting a reply  (Read 412 times)
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: February 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2006
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2012, 10:40:01 am »

I just encountered a problem that I have had before.  I'll read a post that I want to reply to, will type the reply out, and then hit post.  Then when I go to look for it, it will not be there IF someone else posted a reply while I was composing mine.  If two or more people try and post to the same topic at the same time, will it only accept one?  If so or if not, what happens to the reply that I try to post that just seems to go in the bit bucket?  Do you, Aimee, or anyone else know?  Thanks.

Jerry
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 12:26:23 pm »

I had that happen, but  with me it asked if I wanted to post as someone just posted. After that I can't be much help, BUT there's always Aimee.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 60
________
Model: 2100
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 12:46:14 pm »

Hmmm...I'm not sure either.  Anytime that's  happened to me it always warns me that there have been replies since mine and asks if I want to send this or read the replies that came in the meantime...

Aimee, Webmistress
bigbadjc

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 02:20:31 pm »

I have not noticed any warnings when this has happened to me, but I can think of two possibilities.  One, I may have just switched away from the screen back to Home without noticing the warning or it could be off the bottom of the screen.  I have a wide aspect LCD screen and it's possible that I might need to scroll down to see the warning.  I'll try being more careful when I post and see if that helps.

Jerry
GoPhoenix

Helpful Rating: 39
________
PurchDate: 12/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Full body grey
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 02:33:28 pm »

A solution that has been posted by someone else: I always type my posts/replies in a word processor first then copy and paste.  If its lost trying to post, youve still got the message and its easy to repost. Plus it checks my spelling and typing which desperately need!

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
bigbadjc

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 02:55:36 pm »

You're probably right.  There are some other sites I use that have very unstable email functions within the site and that's what I normally do there.  If I try to be more careful here and still have the problem, that's what I'll do.  I just hate having to use another application and then do a cut and paste for something that ought to be straightforward.  Of course, years of  rv-ing should have taught me that life is not always easy.

Jerry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: