Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HELP! Where is themostat for water heater?  (Read 380 times)
Bbutler455

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 03/2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2002 Phoenix Cruiser 2550 with bedroom slideout
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Jade
ExtColor: Cream with Jade accents
________

Nancy - our retro-modern pre-retirement adventure

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2012, 10:48:31 am »

We are on our maiden voyage with our new (used) PC 2550.  It has the atwood LP gas heater with the remote spark ignition.  The pilot lights, and the heater kicks on, but it doesn't stay on long.  Result... no hot water.  The manual doesn't show a themostat for the remote spark model.  How do you turn the temperature up... or is there something else I need to do?  I am sure this is a "stupid question" but Mary Lou will not be happy without hot water.  HELP!

Brock and Mary Lou
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
PurchDate: February 2010
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 11:35:07 am »

After reading your post, I googled Atwood temperature adjustments.  It turns out that most of the Atwoods apparently use a non adjustable 140 degree thermostat.  One article I read says these are prone to failure with age.  Atwood makes a replacement adjustable thermostat for about $35 or so.  You might want to ask your RV mechanic about this.

Jerry
Bbutler455

Helpful Rating: 0
________
PurchDate: 03/2012
ModelYear: 2002 Phoenix Cruiser 2550 with bedroom slideout
IntColor: Jade
ExtColor: Cream with Jade accents
________

Nancy - our retro-modern pre-retirement adventure

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 01:06:30 pm »

After reading your post, I googled Atwood temperature adjustments.  It turns out that most of the Atwoods apparently use a non adjustable 140 degree thermostat.  One article I read says these are prone to failure with age.  Atwood makes a replacement adjustable thermostat for about $35 or so.  You might want to ask your RV mechanic about this.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry,
So perhaps I am not a complete idiot.  It is a mechanical failure...  That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Brock and Mary Lou
lmichael

Helpful Rating: 27
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 15, 2012
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 06:37:38 pm »

When you flip the switch by the sink to electric (when you have hook-ups of course), does your water get hot?  When you flip the propane switch, are you sure your propane valve on the tank is open?  If your refrigerator works when you have it on propane, then that's not your problem.  Could also be a blockage in your propane line at the water heater.  Spiders like these areas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: