Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RV park Hookup  (Read 382 times)
jlid51

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Feb 2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2012, 12:28:36 pm »

Hi Guys

When hooked up at an RV park and if you leave the grey water valve open will it drain thru the sani-com without the pump on.  I guess the question can you gravity drain grey water thru the sani-com system.

Jerry
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 189
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 03:14:53 pm »

There is small tube that you can see on top of the motor which is to let the gray water bypass the pump. The gray tank will need to be almost full before it bypasses over the motor and then it is real slow.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
gl1500

Helpful Rating: 54
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 06:33:43 pm »

I bought a replacement cap for the large back-up  drain with a standard hose fitting.  I carry a gray hose for use in a park when we will be there for several days.  Hook up the hose to the drain fitting, open the gray tank and have the hose placed in campground sewer drain.  There is also a fitting to hook the hose to that fits in the drain to it covered and sealed as required by some areas.  Never need to worry about over filling your tank.  If you are going to need to dump the black tank, close the gray tank a day early to build up some gray for flushing the macerator system and disconnect the hose and recap the fitting prior to dumping.
    Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: