Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: fantastic fan  (Read 651 times)

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: feb 2011
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: grey
________

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2012, 09:33:22 am »

After spending three months in  Fl. and using the fan every day we are having a problem cleaning the screen in the fan. We tried cleaning it with a rag. vacume cleaner, etc. etc. with out luck. Short of taking it apart any sugestions?
  Thanks  Bob H
kevin

Helpful Rating: 22
________
PurchDate: 9/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Maple
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 10:25:40 am »

I have used a little brush, as in a tooth brush or small brass wire brush like a Hush Puppy shoe brush only smaller, and air hose to very carefully blast the stuff out.  The higher the air pressure, the higher the level of care.  Really, I know how not to do it.  Sometimes just a dryer sheet softener thing  works to rub across the screen.  That said, I haven't really looked at my new fantastic screen yet to see if it can pop out easily.  I just like blasting away stuff with the air hose.

kevin
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 10:40:46 am »

If u do not have an air hose canned air will work.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 324
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 01:14:05 pm »

Bob,

The screen in the fantastic fan comes off very easily.  It's called a Pop N' Lock Screen.  You can see a small area around the outer edge of the fan screen were you can grab it (a finger tab area).  Then you just pull it down.  There are little tabs all around the edge that keeps it in place.  It looks like it is going to break but it doesn't.  When we first got our 08 model I called the company and asked how to remove the screen.  When the tech told me I told him I thought I would break it.  He said "Go for it, if you break it I'll send you a new one for free".  While I had him on the phone I did exactly what he said and it worked perfectly.  As you grap and pull down on the finger tab area the little tabs that hold it in place will release one by one.

Here is a link to their site that shows you how to clean them. http://www.fantasticvent.com/faq/knowledge_base/how_to_clean/how_to_clean.html

You do not have to unscrew anything unless you have the older model but I would bet in yours you have the Pop N' Lock.  Here is a link to show you exactly how to remove the screen http://www.fantasticvent.com/operating/how_to_operate_assets/pop_n_lock.pdf
Their diagram at the top of page shows the screen with screws in the figure on the left and the POP N' LOCK in the figure on the right.

We cleaned ours a few times in FL this winter.  Yes, after a few weeks down there the screen really gets dusty.

Sue
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 01:23:12 pm by Barry-Sue » Logged

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 190
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 03:18:03 pm »

I go away for the weekend and Sue beats me to the answer. She gets a helpful from me.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: