Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Night Table Mod  (Read 663 times)
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 319
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2012, 03:36:50 pm »

We completed the night table mod for our 2551.  I wanted somewhere to place the clock, glasses or kleenix and we finally came up with an idea.  We extended the electrical to the head of the bed and were able to keep the cord for both the extension and clock inside, under the bed.  We trimmed the night table just like Phoenix trims the bottom of the shirt closets.  The night table is small enough that it doesn't interfer with the walkway in the least but yet should be large enough to be functional.  We did not put any holes on the outside of the bed frame so that it could be removed without any marks.

Login to see pic and click on it to enlarge it.

Sue
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:30:45 pm by Barry-Sue » Logged

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
GoPhoenix

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 12/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Full body grey
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:12:05 am »

That looks great.  Heres another idea.  I had shelves added above the beds during construction.  Very handy for glasses, remote, etc.  (Also had reading lights installed pic).  Then added a big-number digital clock at the foot of the passenger side bed with Velcro, running the cord through the TV wire access to the plug in the shirt closet.  My wife and I both like a quick look at the time during the night.

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 319
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 11:18:04 am »

Very nice and great idea on the shelf above the headboard.  Your clock looks nicely mounted as well.  We too like to glance at the clock at night that is why the one we have on the night table has a ceiling projection.  Don't even need to lift the head to look at it (too much effort when you're on vacation) lol.  
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:58:48 pm by Barry-Sue » Logged

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: