Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bathroom in 2350  (Read 1535 times)
Margie

Helpful Rating: 3
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 10/09
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
ExtColor: Full body paint/latte
________

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2010, 04:49:30 pm »

Hello.  We have a very nice 2010 2350 Sprinter.  I'm attempting to figure out the best way to get the most out of it.  As you know, the bathroom is very small.  How in the world do you folks shower in it?  Do you sit on one of those little plastic stools in the corner or?  Also, anyone found a good place to position a toilet paper holder and towel racks?  I'm not a huge person at all of 5' 2" but found it really confining.  I was thinking that perhaps the best way to dry towels would be on suction type hooks but wanted to ask what most of you are doing.
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 88
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 11:29:50 am »

We have the same unit which we picked up a month ago and are working on the same issues(as well as some others)

We bought a toilet paper holder and plan to mount it next to the sink--between the shower and the sink. We also have a towel holder for above the toilet; this we will use for a hand towel. In our B, which we just traded in for the Sprinter, we used the Command stick on large white plastic hooks in the shower area for the bath towels. That is where we dried them after use (if we couldn't leave them out).

We have not as yet taken our first trip overnight. We have reservations at Oscar Scherer State Park this coming Monday and Tuesday.

I am having difficulty in determining the best place to store pots and pans. Where do you store your?

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
Margie

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 03:48:21 pm »

Hi Judi,

To answer your question about the pots and pans.  I don't have a good answer.  I had only one small pot and small frying pan which I put in one of the kitchen drawers.  They just won't fit in the small cabinets over the sofa in the slide-out. We took a three-week trip in our 2350 after picking it up from the factory on 10/30.  I used the shower only once during that time and decided that I would be better off using the showers at the campgrounds which is something that I don't like doing at all.  Consequently, I'm trying to figure out how to manage in the 2350.  In hindsight, after seeing Ron's pictures of his 2350 without the slide-out, I'm so sorry that I didn't realize how much more space there was in it before ordering ours.  I was a bit concerned about mounting a toilet tissue holder to that outside wall of the bathroom.  Please let me know how you do it and if it works without damaging the structure.  I did see a suction type small towel holder at the Container Store that I may get for over the toilet but it is 15" and I believe we have only 13" available to use.  Still looking for answers to some of these questions.  For the most part, we loved the Sprinter but really could use a bit more storage space and a bit larger bathroom.

Margie 
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 88
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 10:05:15 am »

I am considering putting the pots and pans under the dinette. Last summer we spent 62 days in our Airstream Interstate B and had our stuff everywhere. Now we have so much more storage space and the issues are where and how to make the best use of the space. I guess that will come with time.

We have used heavy duty Velcro in the past so that is the thought with mounting the toilet paper holder to the outside wall. I will let you know how that works out.

Our plan this summer is the Blue Ridge Parkway to New England and on to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island Canada. We should be gone longer than 62 days this time.

Regards,
Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 177
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 12:56:59 am »

Hi Ladies,

I would NOT mount any toilet paper holder or towel bar any place where it could be bumped hard because as we all know,  the room is confining enough.  You could easily rip it off the wall when trying to towel down, dress or undress.  We keep the toilet paper in the sink cabinet.

We mounted a paper towel rack above the bathroom window, and a bath towel rack over the toilet which we store dry towels in and hang wet towels through.  I think a retractible cord that you hook across the inside the shower when done will be a good addition for temporary towel drying.   I have seen and used them on cruise ships and they work great.

We have a folding stool to sit down on when showering.  We quickly got used to the shower stall and manage very well, sitting down most of the time.  Sure more elbow room would be better, but it does work well for us.  My wife is 5-1 and me 5-11.

I surely understand your delema with pots and pans.  Those extra large cabinets we have over the fixed dinette is where that stuff goes, along with boxed and canned food.  We would be lost without them.  I hope you find a good working alternative.

If I had a slide-out, I would be tempted to remove the barrel chair and install a pantry cabinet like is commonly found in regular house kitchens.  Someone with good carpentry skills could contour the cabinet walls to follow the wall curves of the coach, so it looks like the factory installed it.  The cabinet could be modified to stick out as far as the cabinets above it.  You should be able to order one that matches your other cabinetry from a home improvement store.

Phoenix USA might take care of it for you for a fee.  They offer something today that goes there, but I think it is too shallow to hold all that.  Here is theirs.  Don't be fooled by the pictures.  The forward side is maybe 5 inches deep due to the angle of the back wall there.

I've babbled on enough.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 11:16:37 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
NC Sailors

Helpful Rating: 19
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 11:42:39 am »

This thread started with the bathroom compartment but moved on to pots & pans. Re: the shower, I'm 6-3 can shower standing up. It's tight but better than our 35 ft boat.

Re: the pots and pans, I started a new topic in Tips & tricks about the pots and pans we found to work in a small space.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ (\_ ~ (\_ ~ (\_~ ~ ~ ~
Margie

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 02:37:40 pm »

I just wanted to say thank you for all of your ideas on how you use the 2350's bathroom and storage ideas for the pots and pans.  Ron, your idea for a retractable line for the towels sounds like a winner also.  I really appreciate your replies.  Loved the stacking pots and pans from West Marine. 

Margie 

BandD

________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 2011 Nov
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: maple
ExtColor: white above blue
________

Our unit is available for viewing in Alameda, CA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 09:35:07 pm »

Hi Folks,

Re: space in the bathroom.   Tall bottles, tooth brushes, etc would fall over in the
cabinet until we got some drawer dividers from The Container Store - "Interlocking
Drawer Organizers" small ones for the bottom shelf, large ones for the top.

We mounted the toilet-paper holder inside the under-sink cupboard door, so as not
to bump into it, and put a little "1.7 gal. Swing-Lid Can" between the shower and the
sink cabinet, held in place with a square of stick-on Velcro.  It's just the right size
to hold a plastic grocery bag.

We'll be rigging up a retractable towel-drying line in the shower as well.

Bill

Bill Cox and Diane Puntenney
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: February 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 10:09:47 pm »

In our 2551 bathroom we use a chrome wire floor stand intended to hold 2 extra rolls of toilet paper for our dispenser.  We put one roll on it and the center loop for the rolls to fit on sticks up as a handle.  That way it can be placed on the floor wherever it is handy for us to use and then be stored in a cabinet or in the sink while travelling.  As low as the toilets are in an RV, a floor stand is a handy thing and can be placed where desired.

Jerry
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 58
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 10:10:54 pm »

If I were to put anything in the 'Head' of our old 2350 I'd have worn it for the duration (I kept stumbling over the stool). But, then again, I make an ambidextrous maladriot look like an Olympic Athelete.

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: