Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Knock Knock  (Read 887 times)
GoPhoenix

Helpful Rating: 39
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 12/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Full body grey
________

View Profile WWW
« on: May 03, 2012, 03:48:00 pm »

No...no joke here.

Weve have had folks ask to look inside our PC quite a few times.  One memorable time was on our Route 66 trip: http://www.mytripjournal.com/HistoricRoute66.  I was looking for a Wi-Fi hotspot while traveling through Albuquerque, NM.  We decided on an Arbys in a shopping center with a big Wi-Fi sign out front.  While searching for a signal, we got a knock on the door.  It was a couple who was really wowed with the outside appearance of our PC (a 2900, full body paint, grey).  They said they had never seen anything else like it and asked if they could see inside.  We spent almost an hour with them and gave them a brochure which we always carry with us along with Stewarts card and phone number.  I told them that PC is sold from mostly from the factory with only two other outlets, one in Florida and one right in Albuquerque.  They were very excited and said they were going there right now!  Dont know whatever happened.

Wondering if others have had similar stories to tell

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 295
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 04:14:45 pm »

We have had the same experience several times.  One time as we were showing someone our 2008 2350 I off handedly mentioned it was for sale.  Next day I was on the phone to Stuart checking on the price of a 2012 2551.  Given the right circumstances a PC will sell itself.

Barry and Sue

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
Geojude

Helpful Rating: 1
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 09/2011
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 05:34:17 pm »

Had our 2551 out at a local SP last fall when a car came by verrrry slowly, then pulled into the next parking spot.  Turned out that the folks had a PC as well and ours was the first other one they had seen locally.  Since ours was new to us (had just bought it the month before), it was a great chance to pick their brains for advice.  It seems that the nicest folks own PCs   Smile

George & Judy
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 10:27:34 pm »

We spend a lot of time at our park in Pismo Beach, Ca. If I could I would install a  revolving door.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 167
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 02:36:11 pm »

I wish PC-USA would do a mass emailing to registered owners, sending each owner 3 or 4 brochures each year just for that purpose.  It would be nice to hand people a current brochure.

For us we will give a tour once or twice per 3 week vacation, and a few other inquiries who refuse to impose.  So maybe 3 to 4 inquiries per vacation.  Each inquiry gets an old 2009 brochure.  We generally don't get a lot of visitors because we camp mostly in primitive camp grounds and take the tow vehicle around.  So all our visitors are had while in route.

Our church has an annual Fathers Day event called Dadsfest where the boys bring out their toys.  From classic & exotic cars and trucks to boats to RVs to motor cycles and the occasional "What is that?" all kinds of really cool stuff comes out to the event.  A racing team comes with a drag racer.  They will start one up and you feel you are in a war zone.  Then there is massive farm equipment where you can get comfortable inside a wheel rim, military equipment, basically anything that moves.  Oh yes, a helicopter.  Last year they tried to bring in a manned Meijer blimp (like a Good Year blimp) but the winds were not cooperating, so it just circled.  Free food to all, and the bands 7th Heaven and American English played there as well.

It's crazy there.  The event draws 10's of thousands of people on Fathers Day weekend.  The past couple years I have taken my Corvette, but this year I think it is time to pull out the PC again.  Those old 2009 PC brochures are great for that event.  I had placed a box full of them by the door and many would get taken.  I still have a few hundred 2009s to distribute.

The event is sponsored by the church's C.A.R.S. ministry HERE, so my 26" with surround has the movie Cars playing with the volume cranked up high, appropritate and cool.  Everybody loves to take a peek.  The first time I brought our PC, I let people walk in but it seen too much traffic.  Adding the problem that the kids (and adults too) would get hooked on the movie and plant themself inside, making it hard for others to walk around inside.  The last time there with our PC in 2009, I roped it off so people could take that first step and get a real good look inside, but not walk around in.  That was much better.

It's always a lot of fun,  time to bring our 2007 2350 there again.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 04:52:24 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: