Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Post delivery inspection  (Read 387 times)
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 37
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2012, 09:49:38 am »

Once again I am impressed with the PC product.  I have gone thru all of the systems on my new 3100 and I must say everything works exactly as it is suppose to!  Had some wood dust here and there, a couple of squaeks that I have fixed around the convection oven primarily, a little paint over spray on the exterior of one window, a wood chip/staple under the vinyl is going to stay I guess, some scratch marks in the ceiling material that I have brushed out for the most part, that seems to be it.  More importantly, no plumbing leaks, no slide leaks.... some extra added items were done to my complete satisfaction.  The E-450 of course runs like a charm and tracks perfectly.   I have read the horrific stories on various forums pertaining to new coaches that have 100's of issues and just shake my head.  I must say I have  had long lists my self with several motor homes of the past and I really  appreciate the quality control that PC must be utilizing for their coaches are ready to hit the road right out of the box!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:51:45 am by ragoodsp » Logged
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 10:12:01 am »

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 09:36:13 pm »

Amen x2.

That pretty much summed up our At-Home inspection 5 years ago.  Nothing concerning or disappointing with workmanship and quality.

I do have to say that our 2007 2350 handled poorly when loaded up on our maiden voyage with tow vehicle.  I think the aspect ratio of the 2350 wheel base to it's rear over-hang is much worse than the 3100.  The following year in 2008 Ford equipped all E350 cut-away RV chassis with a rear sway bar so I think our 2007 was one of the last with no rear sway bar of any kind.  Also, in more recent years PC-USA relocated the 2350's fresh water tank more forward which reduces that heavy rear over-hang condition.  Our fresh water tank is against the rear wall.  When our fresh water tank was filled, that was when the condition was at it's worst.  But we addressed all such issues with aftermarket suspension upgrades since mile #800 on our odometer.  It was worth the $3,900 extra investment to make it "Tops".  Since then, our PC handles much better than my daily commute vehicle.

ragoodsp, it is probably my "poor handling" posts that you recall.

Congrats again!  Glad all is well.

Oh....one more thing.  I don't know if this holds true to today, but our dark cherry cabinetry had haze spots where putty was used to hipe some staples.  A damp wipe-down removed all that haze, looking so much better.  It was very simple, fast and easy to do.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:01:03 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 37
________
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 09:21:29 am »

Ron D. and others.....I have all ready put Bilstiens on all four corners, and installed new front and rear Hellwig sway bars.  I must say the 3100 tracks much better compared to the 2551S; I really think the longer wheel base makes a huge difference and the extra weight of the 3100 makes for a better ride.  I have yet to tow my diesel Jeep Liberty so can not comment from that perspective.  Allis good otherwise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: